North Stand Construction Thread

What's this all about??........from the OS....

Season ticket holders in the TLH Auctioneers Stand and George Hill Stand have the opportunity to transfer to the North Stand for the Burton Albion game if they exchange the relevant match number voucher in their books for reserved seat tickets at the ticket office on a strictly first come first served basis starting from Monday.

If you have a ST for main or RRE stands it is by choice, why would you want to change stands.

FFS do they want everybody in the new north stand.

Maybe it's because it's a nice gesture?

Giving ST holders an opportunity to share in the progress of the club in its ground development. Providing them with a first hand experience of what it's like to watch a game from there - and hopefully telling part timers and lapsed fans that it's a good place to see a game from.

I have an ST in the main stand and have always planned to try out the North Stand , as have many others .

If I can refer to one of your one phrases -FFS

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's because it's a nice gesture?

Giving ST holders an opportunity to share in the progress of the club in its ground development. Providing them with a first hand experience of what it's like to watch a game from there - and hopefully telling part timers and lapsed fans that it's a good place to see a game from.

I have an ST in the main stand and have always planned to try out the North Stand , as have many others .

If I can refer to one of your one phrases -FFS

Keep your hair on FFS!

Guest Stanley30

I love the fact we have a nice new stand, played the biggest team in the division (shef utd) and still only got 5k. Disgraceful turnout

Guest Stanley30

If it generates £1m in year in rent it will have been worth waiting for.

How will that benefit you as a person? Are you that bothered about money as opposed to enjoying the facilities?

That's what 20 years of decline and 1 win in the last 23 brings you......... Unfortunately to get the fans back onside this team is going to have to embark on a winning run of which we haven't previously seen in a generation.

Too many promises and false dawns and a lack of goals I'm afraid.

I'm going to that dinner, and I have been assured recently that the EVENT will go ahead. I pressed about whether it would be at the same VENUE and have not had a direct answer. I asked about dress code and was told Smart, So I have gone out and bought a really smart hard hat and steely boots!!!!!

Ok so here is an update re: the Simon Wood event. It has been postponed, until a date as yet unknown!!! Shock, horror. So they are organizing an smaller freebie event for those who had booked in the portakabin on stilts with a Q&A session from Simon Wood. The OEC chap who called me was equally gutted and is only prepared to start organizing dates for the re-run of the event once he has the keys to the venue in his hands!!!

:cry:

It’ll be grate if it is ready and they can get out of a stew and fillet, but those who give a toss will be simmering and not mincing their words about not getting their just deserts in the O2 sweet.

Brilliant! Such wordplay requires lots of skillet does

Sorry, I was just trying to get past 444 posts. RIP Mr. Shepherd

So can us non ST holders not go in there yet?

She's such a tease.

Thgat's what it sounds like to me

Quote from OS

"It also means reserved seat tickets will be sold for the North Stand on a strictly first come first served basis starting from Monday."

I love the fact we have a nice new stand, played the biggest team in the division (shef utd) and still only got 5k. Disgraceful turnout

Fair play - My understanding is they only got clearance to open the stand the day before, not exactly plenty of time to advertise and push for a big turn out and celebration. Latics are already copping a lot of criticism over unfulfilled promises regarding the stand without risking there necks further.

SC does need to look at the standard of directors / marketing managers he has working on this issue - turning something that should have been celebrated wildly into a bit of a damp squib takes some doing.

Hopefully a proper event / party / celebration will not be too far off :dance:

Fair play - My understanding is they only got clearance to open the stand the day before, not exactly plenty of time to advertise and push for a big turn out and celebration. Latics are already copping a lot of criticism over unfulfilled promises regarding the stand without risking there necks further.

SC does need to look at the standard of directors / marketing managers he has working on this issue - turning something that should have been celebrated wildly into a bit of a damp squib takes some doing.

Yes, but let's not forget it it OMBC safety officers that give the go ahead not the club. The safety officers in turn cannot take a chance either.

It may be ultimately the delays are very costly.

You can see why opening a stand is normally done pre season!

A bit of a damp squib is putting it mildly. It's another PR disaster. There's no way that this delay was caused by not having the electrics connected. The seats and steps could have been labelled up before the season started. The interior is nowhere near yet, so how could they think it was going to be ready for August? In any company heads would have rolled for this,

A bit of a damp squib is putting it mildly. It's another PR disaster. There's no way that this delay was caused by not having the electrics connected. The seats and steps could have been labelled up before the season started. The interior is nowhere near yet, so how could they think it was going to be ready for August? In any company heads would have rolled for this,

If heads rolled every time a build didn't meet the initial deadline, especially ones where plans have changed a lot, there would be no builders left.

Surely encouraging more at the Burton game is to ensure the max 75% capacity is reached so it can get its requirements for the safety certificatcertificate. Ie it is 75% full not 50%. Apologies if I misunderstood.

I think your theory has gone for a Burton.

If heads rolled every time a build didn't meet the initial deadline, especially ones where plans have changed a lot, there would be no builders left.

It's not so much the fact that the build deadline has over run, what I find poor and amateurish on a massive scale is that they have advertised and actually sold products and services to paying customers knowing full well they couldn't deliver (and if they didn't know they really should have). The hospitality match day suites that have been paid for are not ready and show no signs of being so anytime soon. One corporate event has now been postponed, there are Xmas dos booked in and should they similarly he cancelled/postponed long term damage could easily be done. I worked in hospitality prior to my current career and word of mouth is massively important to success in this industry

Archived