North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. But such a simple thing for Latics to "fix", at next to no cost, that would see an increase in the money spent at the ground.

Hasn't it been mentioned somewhere before that there will be more made available in the future?

At half-time last night a woman, who was getting wet in the North Stand, said she had sat in the Stand on that side of the ground regularly for 33 years and only been wet once. That was the notorious occasion against Millwall, when the wind-blown rain reached even the back row of the Chaddy End. Time will tell whether last night's wet seats in the North Stand was a rarity or the first of many.

She's lying.

She's lying.

She is. I had a season ticket in there on the back row from 2001 onwards and even in that small time I don't think I could count the times I got wet on all my fingers and toes.

Granted I've got Yorkshire blood so that's only 16, but still.

At half-time last night a woman, who was getting wet in the North Stand, said she had sat in the Stand on that side of the ground regularly for 33 years and only been wet once. That was the notorious occasion against Millwall, when the wind-blown rain reached even the back row of the Chaddy End. Time will tell whether last night's wet seats in the North Stand was a rarity or the first of many.

That Millwall game was the only time I ever retreated upstairs in the Lookers. I think I got through about 4 pints of Bovril that day.

At half-time last night a woman, who was getting wet in the North Stand, said she had sat in the Stand on that side of the ground regularly for 33 years and only been wet once.....

I'm not having that..... I sat on row F of the lookersstand for a decade and often got wet when it rained......

The smooth is cold piss and the carlsberg cold sweet piss. Why can't we have a decent drink? Only paid £5 for parking because of weather and stood on what looked like solid ground only to sink in up to my ankle. A good start - one has to walk round against the flow of incoming cars. I understand that the staff working the kiosk could be new to the job but how much time do they need? The hot water dispenser simply stopped dispensing - broken on its third outing. The view is however the best I have ever had at Boundary Park.

There are clearly serious financial constraints slowing down progress.

The North Stand seating is completely open to the weather so that I can now see row H is going to get wet if it rains. Wonder if Sports Direct do a blue poncho.

'There are clearly serious financial constraints slowing down progress.'

We haven't had a progress report for a while, is that because there hasn't been any?

The way the whole development has been managed has been a complete and utter shambles. We're getting close to Christmas now and there are going to be some extremely pissed off customers to deal with very soon!

Archived