North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed he owns both so no Incentive for him to actually deny OAFC any economic benefit from the north stand.

No reason for him to let any profit leave OEC and flow to OAFC either.

Just like the car park money.

No reason for him to let any profit leave OEC and flow to OAFC either.

Just like the car park money.

Well oafc is losing money each season and it owes his mates £8 million and he wants to sell it it's in his interests to make it financially viable.

You want to have a go at him for profiteering criticise him for those houses being built at the back of the chaddy end because blitz gazal and Corney take everything from that.

Well oafc is losing money each season and it owes his mates £8 million and he wants to sell it it's in his interests to make it financially viable.

You want to have a go at him for profiteering criticise him for those houses being built at the back of the chaddy end because blitz gazal and Corney take everything from that.

Not according to the rarely-wrong Chron. It's a joint venture put together by Corney, Ian Hill and the managing director of the North Stand builders.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/29954/latics-boundary-park-homes-plan-moves-forward

If the profits from the sale of properties assist in the funding for the new stand, as claimed in the Chron story, then some of the income (matchday) from the stand goes into the Club.

Is there any evidence that money from the house building venture company has been transferred into OAFC? I don't believe there is.

So, let's say that OEC makes a profit of £500k. Why would the directors of OEC decide to pass that money to OAFC?

Is there any reason to believe they would?

Is there any evidence that money from the house building venture company has been transferred into OAFC? I don't believe there is.

That wasn't the objective. It was that the profits from the joint venture would enable the stand to be built. We are now told matchday income from the stand goes into the Club.

So, let's say that OEC makes a profit of £500k. Why would the directors of OEC decide to pass that money to OAFC?

Is there any reason to believe they would?

If oec makes a profit of £500k in 1 calender year I will bear my arse on the town hall steps take a 0 of that figure and you might get near what it will make.

The reason is that OEC is OAFCs Tennant therfore they should in normal circumstances pay them rent to use the facility. If Corney let's OEC in rent free then he is cutting off his nose to spite his face.

I don't think it was overtly stated. A poster made an assumption on the back of the "who owns the land" statement.

Those who buy a car park season ticket pay their money to the fo the football club.

That question should be raised by the Trust to the Board, car park takings should be OAFC revenue just as much as admission money.

Fans are coming for the purpose of watching a football match not an outside event.

Not according to the rarely-wrong Chron. It's a joint venture put together by Corney, Ian Hill and the managing director of the North Stand builders.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/29954/latics-boundary-park-homes-plan-moves-forward

I was on unaware of that although that article is now over 6 years old I wonder if anything has changed.

That question should be raised by the Trust to the Board, car park takings should be OAFC revenue just as much as admission money.

Fans are coming for the purpose of watching a football match not an outside event.

That's not a question, it's a statement. The money is paid to the club.

If oec makes a profit of £500k in 1 calender year I will bear my arse on the town hall steps take a 0 of that figure and you might get near what it will make.

The reason is that OEC is OAFCs Tennant therfore they should in normal circumstances pay them rent to use the facility. If Corney let's OEC in rent free then he is cutting off his nose to spite his face.

He owns OEC too. He wouldn't be cutting his nose, he'd be powdering it. In fact he'd actually be keeping it away from the eyes of a 3% shareholder.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived