North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if there are any plans for better access to the turnstiles at the RRE end of the new stand if you approach from behind the RRE?

At present you have to battle mud before deciding to limbo under or do a desert orchid over the tape in front of the turnstiles. Other than that it's a 5 min detour.

Wonder if there are any plans for better access to the turnstiles at the RRE end of the new stand if you approach from behind the RRE?

At present you have to battle mud before deciding to limbo under or do a desert orchid over the tape in front of the turnstiles. Other than that it's a 5 min detour.

These things look good on plans. I think paths shouldn't be constructed until it's seen where they have been trodden.

The guy who does the PA announcements tweeted that it was a technical problem that will be sorted by Saturday.

It's the first match they haven't been working in the North Stand as far as I can remember.

Still wasn't working Saturday. Bit anoying actually.

Thought it was nice not to get your ears bashed by the PA guy before the game and at half time...

but i missed strike it lucky.... I could be a millionaire by now and not even know!

Seriously. It needs fixing.

• 3 weeks later...

So the new gym is opening in the North Stand on Monday with an open weekend this coming weekend.

Does anybody know if OEC are actually running the gym?

I had assumed it was a completely separate entity who were just leasing the space, but I noticed that the CEO of the event centre and the Glogym are the same person.

So the new gym is opening in the North Stand on Monday with an open weekend this coming weekend.

Does anybody know if OEC are actually running the gym?

I had assumed it was a completely separate entity who were just leasing the space, but I noticed that the CEO of the event centre and the Glogym are the same person.

CEO in dual role shocker?

Simon corney on LP saying that the new stand is close to be fully complete. Doesn't look it. Doesn't look like the top floor suite is nowhere near from completion

He meant compared to his intention to build houses on the pitch, he's still got another 15 years to wait for that plan to come to fruition. It's a toss up which will happen first.

Archived