North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any news on the Supporters' Bar? Is this still supposed to be ready for the start of next season?

I know it was supposed to be open for the Wigan game, and then it was delayed 6 weeks, and then May, and then start of the season... but I haven't heard anything for a while.

Is there any news on the Supporters' Bar? Is this still supposed to be ready for the start of next season?

I know it was supposed to be open for the Wigan game, and then it was delayed 6 weeks, and then May, and then start of the season... but I haven't heard anything for a while.

Still an empty shell I believe with no activity in there for a while!

Why the ground floor space hasn't been fitted out as a Supporters Bar is a mystery to me, what would be the cost to give it a basic fit, 20k tops?

The missed opportunities and lost revenue is bordering on scandalous, you just can't spend money on match days even if you want to.

Why the ground floor space hasn't been fitted out as a Supporters Bar is a mystery to me, what would be the cost to give it a basic fit, 20k tops?

The missed opportunities and lost revenue is bordering on scandalous, you just can't spend money on match days even if you want to.

I'd be impressed if they could do it for anywhere near as cheap as £20k.

I'm no expert on shop fitting, but I'd expect to add a zero.

I'd be impressed if they could do it for anywhere near as cheap as £20k.

I'm no expert on shop fitting, but I'd expect to add a zero.

Yes , but tossing a low figure like that in gives another starting point for a moan

Common guys give Corney the benefit of doubt he has assured all the funding is in place to finish the stand !

Hmm, there were a lot of people going crazy when someone said it wouldn't be finished by Xmas 2015. When did it start? August 2013? Or earlier?

I've lost track of all this but can I check something, did people actually pay £675 for 100 Club season tickets? If so, has the club indicated that they'll receive some sort of partial refund?

Yes.

No but they have been promised that something will be done (yeah right)

Did anyone on here shell out for these season tickets? If so, was anything done to compensate for it not quite living up to its billing?

No rush because the income doesn't go to the OEC!

I think its fair to say this stand billed as being the making of us has :censored:ed us up big style, its still only half finished and its draining the life out of the football club, another :censored:ing disaster of a project by Corney and Co.

I think its fair to say this stand billed as being the making of us has :censored:ed us up big style, its still only half finished and its draining the life out of the football club, another :censored:ing disaster of a project by Corney and Co.

The way it's going we could finish with no football club, but the biggest restaurant in the world.

Oh right its the stands fault. What shall we do, knock it down again?

Did anyone on here shell out for these season tickets? If so, was anything done to compensate for it not quite living up to its billing?

Sorry Stevie only just seen your question-there have been promises made for the 2016/17 season but the detail of any discount is still being discussed.

However I suspect that negotiations may be re-opened quite speedily now after today-requesting much greater discount

Its not the stands fault the stand is an inanimate object. What doesn't help however is using income from the football club to finish projects in the stand that the football club doesn't own.

And future income will not go into the club apart from matchday income we have been well and truly hoodwinked

Archived