North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corney stressed that income from transfers — including the likely loss of Korey Smith — will help pay for an investment that will ultimately benefit the club for years to come.

So there we have it. At least he is being honest about it.

Baxter, Tarky, Smith. Thanks. Here have a brick.

how can this be nearly 50% over budget?

Surley you have to take a long hard look at the original budget if this is the case....

Alterations are constantly being made to the specification to overcome problems made by rival clubs on similar structures.

Corney stressed that income from transfers — including the likely loss of Korey Smith — will help pay for an investment that will ultimately benefit the club for years to come.

So there we have it. At least he is being honest about it.

Baxter, Tarky, Smith. Thanks. Here have a brick.

After Smith and JCH have gone lets hope there's a few more bricks lying about.

Alterations are constantly being made to the specification to overcome problems made by rival clubs on similar structures.

Surely problems other clubs have encountered should have built into the original plans.

Surely problems other clubs have encountered should have built into the original plans.

I thought that initially, but I reckon they must mean fit-out details. They did refer to the seating layout of executive boxes. Nothing will ever remain the same after the plans are drawn, they'll be tweaking this project from now until handover in order to try to make it as close to perfect as possible.

I thought that initially, but I reckon they must mean fit-out details. They did refer to the seating layout of executive boxes. Nothing will ever remain the same after the plans are drawn, they'll be tweaking this project from now until handover in order to try to make it as close to perfect as possible.

This.

how can this be nearly 50% over budget?

Surley you have to take a long hard look at the original budget if this is the case....

This,

If the club had not been flexible, not tried to get it right, then they would have been criticised, and rightly so .

I have worked on a number of projects where exactly that happened.

The plans were drawn up, they had to be followed and it gave a significant ongoing operating cost.

And if Korey Smith sale pays for it. Name the stand after him.

Christ, some people do want to have a tant at anything.

Typical Latics, more concerned about choosing the right carpet to fit in an office than fitting seats in the stand.

Typical Latics fans wanting what's best for them now not what's best for them and the club long term.

9000 seats sit in one of them for a few months!

Typical Latics fans wanting what's best for them now not what's best for them and the club long term.

9000 seats sit in one of them for a few months!

Doesn't bother me pal, I swerved more home games last season than I have done for years and I didn't miss it.

Club has a big problem if enough people adopt my attitude though.

if. and I say if.

this new stands helps us gain more income over numerous seasons when finished then sell every player we can to help raise the capital for it.

we will always be a selling club but at least I can look over and see a nice new big stand.

lets face it we got screwed with all the money from the glory days.

chaddy end converted on the cheap

rocky rd end we sold players for so nothing new there.

BUT we could have had a new main stand and lookers with all the money the club had.

Corney has done a top notch job with the new stand and I hope he can do a new main stand aswell.

I don't think these will cost us much and they are more likely to save us money long term if research by Broady and Jenny has come up with better exec box seating arrangements etc.

It sounds like a lot of money was lost due to bad weather delays in the winter.

Also the stand will now have 15 bays instead of the 11 and 2 halves as shown on the artists impression.

Archived