North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my experience though the last few weeks of a construction project go bat-:censored: mental, different subbies tripping over each other as they get things finished when it never looked possible.

That's because they have a deadline to meet.

I'm not sure there is a deadline for the N Stand.

Has anything been said yet about what the stand will be named?

If we're promoted this season it should be named the Lee Johnson Stand and the RRE, given Verlin have ended their sponsorship, should be known as the Liam Kelly End.

It will be known as the "insert sponsors name here" stand. Modern football.

Or given the fact the old stand was known as the Lookers by most fans, not even that much of a modern football-ism.

Has anything been said yet about what the stand will be named?

If we're promoted this season it should be named the Lee Johnson Stand and the RRE, given Verlin have ended their sponsorship, should be known as the Liam Kelly End.

just as well Graham Bell isn't a name that's bandied about as freely as some

Should be called the Jim Frizzel stand

The man is getting old now and it would be the best way to honour him before he pops his clogs, sure the stand will be sponsored but we can always revert to the Jim Frizzel stand between sponsors in the years to come.

Should be called the Jim Frizzel stand

The man is getting old now and it would be the best way to honour him before he pops his clogs, sure the stand will be sponsored but we can always revert to the Jim Frizzel stand between sponsors in the years to come.

As far as I'm aware Frizz has never been near the place since he left. Dont think that warrants naming the stand after him.

"F.U. NIMBY Stand" would look good on the side facing Carlton Way. If stand linked to a person the only one fit JR for bringing Latics only sustained period of success and magic.

LJ can have the main stand in ten years as we celebrate 3 years in Europe ;-)

To be fair, IIRC the Broadway residents were not particularly opposed, it was certain other Cllrs and campaigners

I am happy to be corrected, but that is my recollection. And a very small number of objections.

It will be known as the "insert sponsors name here" stand. Modern football.

Or given the fact the old stand was known as the Lookers by most fans, not even that much of a modern football-ism.

It was the Ford Stand as far as I was concerned

Archived