Rochdale

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They saw this thread, which is a little embarrassing:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/129199/oldham/#36

The non rivalry probably stems from being above them for the past few decades. Although they seem to attribute our ticket sales to overrating the rivalry aspect, which is clearly untrue considering the followings we have taken to Bury, where its pretty accepted there is a lesser rivalry, despite them being a bigger club than Dale.

Hope the kids who are sorting the banner read that thread and see how much of an embarrassment it will look.

Can't help but think that if the similar happened at BP which ever visiting fans decided to do it would be laughed out of the ground.

they feel nothing for us because for years and years we've been a league above them and bury...

they're saying we're getting excited, but in all honesty shouldn't every football fan be excited by following your team away from home with a sold out away end? anyone that doesn't is lying...

sold out Bristol City, Preston or Sheff United I'd be just as excited as i am for rochdale...

id much rather play the likes of huddersfield, leeds, burnley, blackburn, bolton then rochdale but we are where we are and if rochdale is currently the game that we can look forward to and take a massive following, then so be it.

least we travel in good numbers to a game 6 mile away instead of bringing 1000 and sat there twiddling their thumbs in the RRE.

Edited by kieranmcandrew

They saw this thread, which is a little embarrassing:http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/129199/oldham/#36

The non rivalry probably stems from being above them for the past few decades. Although they seem to attribute our ticket sales to overrating the rivalry aspect, which is clearly untrue considering the followings we have taken to Bury, where its pretty accepted there is a lesser rivalry, despite them being a bigger club than Dale.

Love the nonsensical abuse I get on there.

They saw this thread, which is a little embarrassing:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/129199/oldham/#36

Surely this puts to bed any idea they give a :censored: about us? Hopefully the banner idea too. Let's just go and take the piss Edited by longtimeblue

I wasn't being serious about the McDonalds banner. I can't belive it annoyed someone on there enough to be all snooty...

"I presume they haven't cottoned on that this company has two outlets in Rochdale, (Kingsway and Sandbrook Park) ergo they haven't left Rochdale because it's "so :censored:"...

Gutted!

I wasn't being serious about the McDonalds banner. I can't belive it annoyed someone on there enough to be all snooty...

"I presume they haven't cottoned on that this company has two outlets in Rochdale, (Kingsway and Sandbrook Park) ergo they haven't left Rochdale because it's "so :censored:"...

Gutted!

I'm too embarrassed to read what's on the link, but that's quite funny.

Idon't ecided not to, slagging off the team fine (I have little time for Dale) ... slagging off my home town (I'd rather keep to myself what I think of Oldham) and having to listen to all this crap at the game is something I don't want to do.

I simply support a team not a town, as do many others I know.

Deary me. :laught30: I was born in Rochdale, half me family are from Rochdale, and I feel no real animosity to the Rochdale AFC or Rochdale the town, but come derby day I'll be joining in with it all, no doubt.

Lighten up. Fair enough if you dont feel comfortable joining in, but dont let it put you off getting behind your team.

You, talking about people supporting other clubs ha

:irony:

*rolleyes*

I suppose I made too subtle a reference in my earlier post for you to pick up, and forget about breaking the fourth wall - it was just for giggles.

I wish there was more animosity there really, given the geography of the two clubs it could've been a great lower league derby if Rochdale hadn't managed to be so :censored:e for most of the 20th century. I actually don't mind seeing them do well, which is just wrong.

I'm the same and I feel quite patronising for it.

It's like patting them on the head and ruffling their hair.

Deary me. :laught30: I was born in Rochdale, half me family are from Rochdale, and I feel no real animosity to the Rochdale AFC or Rochdale the town, but come derby day I'll be joining in with it all, no doubt.

Lighten up. Fair enough if you dont feel comfortable joining in, but dont let it put you off getting behind your team.

:censored: him. He's from Smithy Bridge anyway.