Rochdale

Haha, I'd love that. A really massive banner that says something really simple like "WE'LL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN YOU"

"Always in our shadow" please unveil this. I am willing to chip in for it.

always in our shadow, brilliant. make this happen

Needs to be a long one though so it's big writing but all on one line. Would be great.

Haha that would be awesome. Get a fund up and running.

They always have and always will be in our shadow. Win lose or draw that won't change.

25hia6w.jpg

Well...this is awkward...

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25hia6w.jpg

Well...this is awkward...

Keith Hill doing yet another cracking job there.

Sometimes a club and manager just work.

Gannon and Stockport was a recent one, looks lime Hill & Dale are another.

And you know what? Fair play to them. You'd guess they're operating on a similar if not smaller sized playing budget to us. For them to be 4th, and us to be just outside the playoff spots; i'd say cudos to both of us at this stage of the season...

echoing what others have just said, good luck to Dale and I hope they carry on this way. it's great to see another small club like us, Yeovil and Leyton Orient showing that we can compete with the big clubs in this league

and if anyone thinks we are a bigger club than Rochdale well think again, right now, we're not and haven't been for years.

echoing what others have just said, good luck to Dale and I hope they carry on this way. it's great to see another small club like us, Yeovil and Leyton Orient showing that we can compete with the big clubs in this league

Watching Bournemouth right now and remembering when I watched them play in the fourth division along with the likes of Burnley, it can happen to anyone.

Is it? They will still always be a smaller club than Oldham.

They won't go up. 2,500 crowds in the Championship? Give me a break.

As opposed to 4000 in the championship? Bound to happen that today.

Oldham fans looking down on other team always makes me laugh. 20 years off :censored: and been bypassed by teams like dale before.....Colchester, Scunthorpe, Stockport etc

Get off your high horse, they are looking down on us in the league at the moment and if we turn up with a banner like some that have been mentioned. Oldham and its fans will look ridiculous.

Edited by palmer1

Tables lie- look at the teams above us and how many we've played away, yet we are still up there. By the end of the month we'll have played 8 out of the 9 teams currently above us away from home. By the end of the year all 9. If we are still up there by 2015, I really do fancy our chances. All of our promotion rivals to come at BP- bring it!

and if anyone thinks we are a bigger club than Rochdale well think again, right now, we're not and haven't been for years.

Tables are only truly reflective at the end of a season, and as we've had most of what you'd expect to be the most difficult away fixtures already and are still within contention at the top it bodes well for the remainder. Easier said than done though to win the home reverses, and this period after losing the unbeaten run will probably be our most testing and defining part of the season.

I decided not to, slagging off the team fine (I have little time for Dale) ... slagging off my home town (I'd rather keep to myself what I think of Oldham) and having to listen to all this crap at the game is something I don't want to do.

I simply support a team not a town, as do many others I know.

I see where you're coming from, I'd personally consider myself more of a Glossopian or even a Mancunian than I will ever see myself as an Oldhamer. In fact if I'm truly honest I just see Rochdale as another fixture. However I also spent 4 of the happiest years of my life studying and living in Sheffield. No doubt some of my friends I've made there will be in the opposite end on the 22nd and I will probably at some point sing a few derogatory songs about Yorkshire. But after the game we will probably laugh it all off and have a pint after a day out supporting our respective Football teams. Edited by Tommy_Fent