Rochdale

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The number of people in a town, the number of supporters that come to a match, even the trophies that the team has won generations ago have nothing to do with the likely outcome of the game you are watching. Never quite understood the 'willy waving' that supporters have about these facts.

However for whatever reasons there are certain teams that you get more satisfaction over beating (local rivals; teams that you feel you owe one; teams that your mates and family support, games where you are the underdog etc.). Often this sense of rivalry is felt more strongly by the team that is the underdog.

For example, Bradford and Huddersfield HATE Leeds, Leeds generally don't care that much. Latics HATE City and United, generally they don't care that much.

You can get rivalries building up if teams regularly play against each other (Blackburn and Bolton were teams that we hated, but have not had much chance to recently and I'll be honest I don't go looking for their results to see if they have lost at the weekend) but then fade when the contests stop occurring.

In terms of Rochdale. We haven't played each other that often and generally as we have been in higher divisions we don't have the underdog chip on our shoulder about them either. I don't feel much passion about the game (other than any other) except I know a few Dale fans and therefore having them crow is something I'd like to avoid a bit.

But if other people feel passionately and that this is a strong rivalry - then go for it.

Liking the McDonalds & El Crapico banner ideas

Going to throw a few more ideas in to the mix

"ROCHDALE - WHERE EVERYONE ARE RELATED"

"THE OL POSTCODE IS OURS"

"CYRIL SMITH TOUCHED YOUR DAD"

Must.

Resist.

The.

Urge.

To.

Post.

Something.

About.

This.

Post.

Want.

To.

But.

Words.

Fail....

Edited by slystallone

Liking the McDonalds & El Crapico banner ideas

Going to throw a few more ideas in to the mix

"ROCHDALE - WHERE EVERYONE ARE RELATED"

"THE OL POSTCODE IS OURS"

"CYRIL SMITH TOUCHED YOUR DAD"

I shouldn't, i really shouldn't, but i couldn't stop laughing.

Please, someone try to create this banner. That should ignite a real derby-style atmosphere. Someone may even get lynched.

This thread is hilarious in the sense I've read it from start to finish and laughed out loud a dozen times.

This thread is embarrassing in the sense that if I showed it to a mate I'd go red in the face.

"Rochdale - where everyone are related" :laught16:

Scrap the banners, lads. Please, just scrap them.

Edited by UpTheLatics