• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What job does everyone want Ched Evans to do now he is a free man?

Wish everyone would get over themselves a little bit.

Sure i'd prefer it if he rejoined society on someone else's patch, but there you go.

:censored: off and not sign for my football club

why should we have to pick up his baggage.

Gutted if we sign him. Until the conviction is overturned he is a rapist. Footballers are role models and he's not a good one (unless his conviction gets overturned).

I'll probably still see the games I had planned and cheer on the team but I'll be disappointed in the club.

It going to take some unbelievable bottle for Latics to sign Evans.

They must have thought about it long and hard and the possible consequences.

IF they do sign him then i will support the club as i have always done.

In a few years he will probably me gone (as is every player that signs) but the club will still be there.

Far too many people take the moral high ground when they feel like it and to me it is no different to when Hughes signed.

Get over it if they do sign him , support the club or go and watch Rochdale.

What job does everyone want Ched Evans to do now he is a free man?

Wish everyone would get over themselves a little bit.

Sure i'd prefer it if he rejoined society on someone else's patch, but there you go.

A job where he's not a role model and in the media continuously

It going to take some unbelievable bottle for Latics to sign Evans.

They must have thought about it long and hard and the possible consequences.

IF they do sign him then i will support the club as i have always done.

In a few years he will probably me gone (as is every player that signs) but the club will still be there.

Far too many people take the moral high ground when they feel like it and to me it is no different to when Hughes signed.

Get over it if they do sign him , support the club or go and watch Rochdale.

Does it have to be Rochdale?

:censored: off and not sign for my football club

why should we have to pick up his baggage.

Im kind of playing devil's advocate here, but i will do because all this moral bull:censored: is a bit tiresome.....

If every employer refused to take on ex convicts there would be a mass of dangerous underclass who were never allowed to stop living outside of the law.

Or we would have to set up a new welfare benefit paid only to released ex cons.

Maybe we should just send them to australia....

Edited by trickyrickyholden

I'm glad we are doing this now. He's served his time, let him earn a living.

I hope the people saying they will boycott respond like this to all high profile criminals. Mike Tyson was treated like a king when he came to the uk. Look at Phil 'the power' Taylor, he's a national hero, look at his past. Look at the human rights records of citys last few owners. Scum are heros in every day life. Evans is going into a job that will pay his a few hundred a week ffs.

Time for the fans to stick with SC and back his judgement.

Saving my reaction for when it becomes official. For me the club's last statment on the issue still stands and I'm not taking any articles from the BBC and, FFS, the Daily Mail and The S*n ahead of that.

Here's Keeping the Faith and believing the club will do the right right thing, like they've said.

Edited by JoeP

Did you really type that?

Yes I did. And I'll type it again. Cocaine use IS NOT a moral/ethical issue.

As people on here condone signing a convicted rapists as they have a wife/Mother/Daughter etc,

Which is not an argument I respect. See my previous post regarding gender tribalism.

are you saying that if your wife/Mother/Daughter was a coke fiend you would be fine with that?

Whether or not I would be happy with a loved being addicted to Coke is irrelevant to the morality of the situation. Or do you reject the idea of personal liberty?

Don't kick a ball out for a throw in (spot fixing) but feel free to snort a load of columbian marching powder???

One is unethical and the other is a personal choice.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

Im kind of playing devil's advocate here, but i will do because all this moral bull:censored: is a bit tiresome.....

If every employer refused to take on ex convicts there would be a mass of dangerous underclass who were never allowed to stop living outside of the law.

Or we would have to set up a new welfare benefit paid only to released ex cons.

Maybe we should just send them to australia....

I'm aware of this and i had a nice chat to the person who runs Forrest bank prison about this last year.

But due to the nature of this profession where he is in the media Spotlight. Oldham athletic will now have to pick up his baggage and take responsibility for his rehabilitation. Why should we do that? It wasn't us who made him go to for sloppy seconds.

As as supporter I feel it's my responsibility to back the players. I don't expect them to be whiter than white some of them may have come from tough backgrounds and may have done a few things they regret in life.

But their comes a point where you really don't want to defend or back someone. I want to cheer our goals and the sing the players names I don't want to do this with Ched Evans and that will really kill my enjoyment as a fan,

I don't want that.