• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If innocent I would hope everyone affords him the same rights and privileges any innocent person receives.

If it is overturned it won't make him any less of a complete :censored: though! Well...not in my eyes...

^That's about the size of it.

I've got another quibble. It's not easy to be found guilty of rape by a jury of your peers. I think I prefer the jury's verdict to a judicial one, but that's the system we have. I 100% agree Ched is :censored: whatever the outcome today.

If it is overturned it won't make him any less of a complete :censored: though! Well...not in my eyes...

Wow. If it is overturned he will technically have spent a number of years in prison for a crime he didn't commit. If I was going to prison for a crime I didn't commit I think I'd be pissed off too. Get off the bandwagon.

Does that mean he will be entitled to shed loads of compensation including loss of earnings etc etc?

That'll be some figure if so.

Maybe not entitled but I would imagine he could definitely go to court over it? Imagine he'll be sick of courts by now though and he can't be short of a bob or two anyway!

Time will tell I suppose.

Thats innocent. You are either innocent or guilty.

Interesting concepts these. If you're found guilty by a jury of your peers, you're guilty. If the judge finds that the jury was misguided or misdirected, or that the trial was iffy in another decisive way, does that make you innocent? Can the prosecution have another go?

No one disputes the :censored: allegation though, do they?

Interesting concepts these. If you're found guilty by a jury of your peers, you're guilty. If the judge finds that the jury was misguided or misdirected, or that the trial was iffy in another decisive way, does that make you innocent? Can the prosecution have another go?

Yes it makes you innocent. Until you are guilty you are innocent. If the original trial was "iffy" then it is a mis-trial surely, therefore you were never guilty and the original verdict is quashed. Innocent.

The c*nt thing.... who cares. I'd say a very high % of footballers are c*nts who behave like this pretty much every weekend, probably some of those amongst our squad current or past.

The problem comes from idiot parents and society putting footballers up as role models. I guess they are role models in a way though...... in how NOT to act and live your personal/private life. I support a football team, I don't idolise players these days and certainly don't look up to them in any way.

Edited by kowenicki

British law is based on innocent until proven guilty so technically he would be innocent.

It doesn't excuse our club's directors for making one of the stupidest decisions this or any football club has ever made by inviting the circus to town. But we've been there with that one and we drew a line under it long ago.

No one disputes the :censored: allegation though,

Do you apply the same moral compass when assessing the actions of the 650 elected employees in your place of work? ....or is your moral compass just a flag of convenience?

Although one of those hypotheticals we'll never know, but I'd LOVE to have some sort of alternate universe device to see how many of the Ched sympathisers would be so vocal about if if he hadn't been linked with the club in any way.

For cheating on his girlfriend?

That and other things. I don't believe he will get off for any other reason than a police cock up or the judge mis-directing the jury. Which in that case will lead to a re-trial. It won't be the end of it. And it won't make me believe he is any less guilty. I'm well aware that will upset others who so desperately want him to be acquitted so he can pull on an Oldham shirt. I don't care much about those people.

Depending on the reasons for the acquittal, the CPS could be allowed to re-trial it.

To those talking about compensation, he can claim for loss of earnings but there is a cap on this at £500,000.

Depending on the reasons for the acquittal, the CPS could be allowed to re-trial it.

To those talking about compensation, he can claim for loss of earnings but there is a cap on this at £500,000.

Do you honestly think the CPS are going to go through the time, effort and cost of a re-trial not to mention the trauma for all concerned, particularly the alleged victim, when whatever the outcome he'll walk out of court at the end of it. It's not going to happen.

But if there is a retrial, he could theoretically get more time than he got first time round.

No he couldn't. Retrials after conviction are not allowed to impose greater sentences than originally imposed. The sentence could only have been increased if the crown had appealed the original sentence was unduly lenient. They didn't.

Posted · Hidden by Ackey, March 23, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Ackey, March 23, 2016 - No reason given

Judge has placed restriction on reporting until the end. Sensible.

Given that literally nothing new can come out (other than wild speculation) until the conclusion of the proceedings I am going to lock this thread, as it's for the most part petty repetition of baseless statements and baiting.

That said; there's no intent to stifle free speech, as I expect someone to scream any moment now, and thus if someone does start a new thread it will be left open (as long as it's within standard rules).

I hope it's appreciated why I am doing this, though I expect not everyone will agree.