Any Rumours

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Motherwell ....... (from last weeks Express apologies if i missed this)

"Baraclough has also indentified former Kilmarnock winger Dayton, above, as a target before the transfer window closes.

The 26-year-old, who has also turned out for Crawley and Yeovil, is on the fringes at Oldham and Baraclough has already lined up a possible swap deal with Latics boss Lee Johnston.

Johnston tried to sign Vigurs two summers ago when he left Ross County but the move collapsed over a medical.

Vigurs then signed for Well but Johnston is now prepared to take the midfielder."

Vigurs is injured and Motherwell have just signed left sided midfielder Stephen Pearson.

Edited by BP1960

Watford recalling Ikpeazu only to loan him out to another club in the same league sounds to me like somebody has offered money to take him - like Smith at Bristol and JCH at MK - and I'd be amazed if Latics had paid a fee for a loanee.

And Vigurs I've seen twice and he was excellent both times. Looks to have a very good passing range, but not sure how he fits in our team with two established centre mids, Winchester, Philly and Mellis. Dayton leaving is inevitable but a shame. Very talented player that we never saw the best of. Perhaps he's an Adam Rooney type that will do better elsewhere. I compared him to Stewart Downing, who's recently switched to attacking mid and been in the form of his career - that's what I'd try out to get the best from him.

Watford recalling Ikpeazu only to loan him out to another club in the same league sounds to me like somebody has offered money to take him - like Smith at Bristol and JCH at MK - and I'd be amazed if Latics had paid a fee for a loanee.

And Vigurs I've seen twice and he was excellent both times. Looks to have a very good passing range, but not sure how he fits in our team with two established centre mids, Winchester, Philly and Mellis. Dayton leaving is inevitable but a shame. Very talented player that we never saw the best of. Perhaps he's an Adam Rooney type that will do better elsewhere. I compared him to Stewart Downing, who's recently switched to attacking mid and been in the form of his career - that's what I'd try out to get the best from him.

I like the fact Johnson seems to prefer signing wide midfielders to out & out wingers.

You just can't get a consistent, quality winger at this level it seems, unless it's an ageing freak of nature like Eyres.

Problem is he also seems to like to sign said inconsistent wingers to try to convert them to strikers.

If he can ditch this fetish & just sign actual centre forwards he'll have cracked it.

I like the fact Johnson seems to prefer signing wide midfielders to out & out wingers.

You just can't get a consistent, quality winger at this level it seems, unless it's an ageing freak of nature like Eyres.

Problem is he also seems to like to sign said inconsistent wingers to try to convert them to strikers.

If he can ditch this fetish & just sign actual centre forwards he'll have cracked it.

Last seasons fetish was playing out and out strikers as left wingers aka Rooney.

Doncaster to sign him. They're throwing a bit of money about this window with Ikpeazu, Abdul Razak, Andy Butler and Bywater all coming in to strengthen the promotion push. Wish we had the finances to do the same; we may be left short for the play offs given the likelihood of Bradford using their FA Cup money, Donny, Sheffield United, Peterborough, and even Notts County all injecting a bit of cash into the January window.

On topic, ex-Latics trialist Marc De Val Fernandez has left them.

Edited by NewBlue

Chesterfield have paid a fee for a striker today as well albeit from the league below.......sure I've read as well that Bolton have signed le fondre? I'm amazed we can't get wilkinson back on loan tbh given the amount of firepower Lennon has at his disposal.......well not sure whether firepower is the right word!

Chesterfield have paid a fee for a striker today as well albeit from the league below.......sure I've read as well that Bolton have signed le fondre? I'm amazed we can't get wilkinson back on loan tbh given the amount of firepower Lennon has at his disposal.......well not sure whether firepower is the right word!

Wilkinson played in the FA Cup against Liverpool and got what sounded like good comments from the BBC team. If he is playing in big games like that i'd doubt he'll be on his way out on loan anytime soon.

Wilkinson played in the FA Cup against Liverpool and got what sounded like good comments from the BBC team. If he is playing in big games like that i'd doubt he'll be on his way out on loan anytime soon.

Gudjohnsen, Heskey, Le Fondre, Davies not to mention Eaves, Wilkinson, Hall, Odelusi, Clayton & Clough who have all appeared for the first team this season......at best he is currently 5th choice

I think Bolton have a few injury problems at the moment, hence why Gudjohnson played 90 minutes on Saturday.

Johnson says in the Chron he's looking at bringing in potentially three players this window, hopefully one before the Notts County game.

is that Vigurs the one who we tried signing last year on a two year deal, but he only wanted to sign for one year?

As I recall he was condemned on here for a bad attitude before anyone had seen him kick a ball. I believe it was a record for OWTBs for picking out a boo boy before he'd even signed.