Any Rumours

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it stands nobody is going anywhere....there hasn't been any concrete interest in Kelly, :censored:e offer for Wilson and tentative enquiries for Forte and the Irish Socrates. This is solid info....we also have 6 offers on the table for end of season loans, 2 are agreed but LJ is holding on for ansers on what he deems better players who are also hanging on for offers from elsewhere if you get what I mean

Its the transfer window so these things may change but my info is.very solid

Are the club in talks with our Carl about an extension? Outstanding at times this afternoon - haven't seen another midfielder in this league who glides like he does and we're seeing an end product! Great goal at Fleetwood. His run for the nails on Poleon pen was outstanding and the run, back-heel and step over for the 3rd was class - best team goal since Furman-Allesandra-Bembo?

On a side note - Bolton signed two new strikers as well as Gudjonson and Heskey - possibly Connor is the one he is holding out for? Proper coup that would be!!

Are the club in talks with our Carl about an extension? Outstanding at times this afternoon - haven't seen another midfielder in this league who glides like he does and we're seeing an end product! Great goal at Fleetwood. His run for the nails on Poleon pen was outstanding and the run, back-heel and step over for the 3rd was class - best team goal since Furman-Allesandra-Bembo?

On a side note - Bolton signed two new strikers as well as Gudjonson and Heskey - possibly Connor is the one he is holding out for? Proper coup that would be!!

...and Fondre and that kid from Denton, Clough, is really getting some attention. Connor is down the pecking order.

If Kelly goes it's a disaster. If its Wilson for a fee and we can use the money/wages on a goal scorer then that's great business. We have 3 possible replacements for him and the loan market.

Jonathan Forte, how many goals does he need to score to be classed as a goalscorer? How many teams have two players in the top goalscorers list... none. So why should we have two goalscorers?

Not as good as Tarky in my opinion. His performances have dipped seemingly the moment his agent will have told him about outside interest. We have cover, and Lockwood back. Good business if he is the one sold. But 750k...ffs

I think the usual 350k-400k will cut it with add ons. However, we dont need to sell just yet due to him getting after the gills game.

I suppose we can afford to let Wilson go if the money is right. It might also be sensible to let Poleon go if there is a decent profit but he has looked a better prospect now he is starting games and if he could learn to hit the ball first time would become a much more valuable 'asset'.

What we shouldn't do is let Forte go unless there is really silly money on offer. In the unlikely event that he were to play every game wide left my crystal ball tells me we could still make sixth spot and get promoted.

I would however now be happy to stick with what we have, now that we have a keeper who keeps clean sheets!

Edited by Hands on

I suppose we can afford to let Wilson go if the money is right. It might also be sensible to let Poleon go if there is a decent profit but he has looked a better prospect now he is starting games and if he could learn to hit the ball first time would become a much more valuable 'asset'.

What we shouldn't do is let Forte go unless there is really silly money on offer. In the unlikely event that he were to play every game wide left my crystal ball tells me we could still make sixth spot and get promoted.

I would however now be happy to stick with what we have, now that we have a keeper who keeps clean sheets!

Kenny kept a clean sheet on his debut.

Jonathan Forte, how many goals does he need to score to be classed as a goalscorer? How many teams have two players in the top goalscorers list... none. So why should we have two goalscorers?

He is a goal scorer. But one that struggles with injuries so we can't rely on him being there for the rest of the season. Maybe I should have worded it slightly differently and said another goal scorer, or another striker to share the load. Because after Forte, Jones is on 4, then big George on 3.

And I'm pretty sure Rochdale have 2 players in the top scorers charts!

Who on earth would want to pay money for Poleon?

We will do well to find a better centre half than Wilson, certainly on a permanent deal.

Nobody better than us would want Forte.