Montano

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicely misrepresented there.

Amongst other things (according to club) Montano has been caught on camera admitting to fraud, in betrayal of the trust given to him by his teammates, the staff and the supporters of the club.

Ched Evans has been questionably found guilty in the opinion of the court of having sex with a woman after she had crossed the "was she too drunk to consent or not" threshold. He has also served time for his alleged crime.

Who would I want at my club? Certainly not Montano.

It's a bit like choosing between stage 4 syphilis and stage 4 HIV (aka Full-blown AIDS). I don't want either thanks very much.

Ched Evans has been questionably found guilty in the opinion of the court of having sex with a woman after she had crossed the "was she too drunk to consent or not" threshold. He has also served time for his alleged crime.

Jesus Christ, I thought we'd all been released from the kung fu grip of your pro-Evans mantra!

I've banged the drum that the Evans saga had something to do with the Montano saga. I hope I am wrong but looks like those chickens may come home to roost, the PFA are not the organisation you want to upset.

Me too...like a penance type of thing....you scratch my back and all....yikes

Nicely misrepresented there.

Amongst other things (according to club) Montano has been caught on camera admitting to fraud, in betrayal of the trust given to him by his teammates, the staff and the supporters of the club.

Coincidentally sacked him after the video footage was released though...

If I remember rightly LJ said they had been made aware of the allegations prior to it being released

Also there were other factors that contributed to him being sacked

We don't know how many times he had been warned previously or disciplined

At the time he was also facing rape charges, so all in all I would suggest he's got no leg to stand on

I would expect this to all be a bluff, get his name back in the media as an innocent person, become the victim and hopefully get a deal in the UK. If CMS have done there own investigation (on behalf of the club) then I'm confident it was all done properly

Has he been convicted of any crime, I keep reading about rape charges and spot fixing but from what I can find he has never been charged for anything. From what I can remember the club used him not disclosing the rape allegation against him, this was subsequently dropped so on the face of it he may argue we tried to punish him for crimes he didnt commit, its okay the club publically stating that convicted criminals should have a right to return to work, it doesnt look so great though when your terminating contracts based on allegations.

Me thinks latics are going to get a hefty bill from this saga.

Said at the time it was a classic case of latics pressing the panic button when they could see the thought of saving of £££s flashing.

Makes the attempted signing of Evans look a bigger fiasco than it actually was.

Suggest if Montano wants a future at Latics he admits bribes , rapes and anything else he see fit and then Latics will welcome him back with open arms after he has done his time.

Another one for Barry boy to get his teeth into !!!

Has he been convicted of any crime, I keep reading about rape charges and spot fixing but from what I can find he has never been charged for anything. From what I can remember the club used him not disclosing the rape allegation against him, this was subsequently dropped so on the face of it he may argue we tried to punish him for crimes he didnt commit, its okay the club publically stating that convicted criminals should have a right to return to work, it doesnt look so great though when your terminating contracts based on allegations.

Dont you think that not divulging information such as a potential rape charge may affect your working enviroment when you start somewhere new. Not just in football?

you fill in a job application and you are asked about these things. If he had mentioned it, who is say it would have stopped any potential transfer?

Also whether charges were filed or not he was seen on camera admitting to trying to get booked, again im sure it will be written ito a code of conduct within his contract and within football league rules that he shouldnt be doing such things especially for an outside source.

he didnt take any money for it, of course he didnt because he couldnt accomplish what they wanted, not for lack of trying as stated in the video.

We wil be fine on this matter, he said the same weeks ago taking us to court didnt he? nothing happened and now he is doing it again. its a way of fishing for a new club because no charges have been brought against him - everybody saw the cideo though.Damage done!

any interested parties will im sure speak to Corney or someone else at the club and they will exlain why he was actually released.....

Edited by palmer1

I turned against him when was trying "to hack down" an opponent to get a card.

Totally agree I was at Wolves that night and his intentions were clear to see all Im saying and thinking is recent events have put us in an awkward position, I suppose it will all boil down to an employment tribunals view on the video evidence which is pretty damning.

He was tried and cleared of rape.

Allegations not disclosed to us before we signed him.

Not used as a reason to dismiss him

This could be a reason for dismissal on the grounds of 'breakdown in trust'.

If we have a HR policy that states that all players are obliged to inform the club of any previous or potential criminal convictions and Montana declined to inform the club he was accused of rape, then this deception and breach of club policy when it became apparent could be a reason for the club to claim that a fundamental breakdown in the trust had occurred - that is a valid reason for a dissmal to take place.

Employment law is not as absolute as crimina law, and as long as the club has followed its own procedures and polices they should be OK.

Totally agree I was at Wolves that night and his intentions were clear to see all Im saying and thinking is recent events have put us in an awkward position, I suppose it will all boil down to an employment tribunals view on the video evidence which is pretty damning.

In addition to the argument I made above. They club could also have a policy about bringing the club into disripute - and that could be another valid reason for dismissal. His behaviour in a publically released video did just that.

The club have done absolutely nothing wrong re: Montano, regardless of his whinging.

well said. On tape he clearly states he tried to get a card for money, just because there is no criminal case doesn't mean the club cant view this as gross misconduct.

In any work environment if you try and damage a deal, a service, a client relationship, delivery poor performace etc on purpose this can be described as gross misconduct. The fact this is on video makes a nailed on case for OAFC.

He is jumping on the back of other players who have carried out interviews and received positive feedback. None of them were caught on camera!

The PFA should hold an investigation and ban him for life!