Big Statement

This time, a positive one.

No players of significance to leave the club, leaving us with the squad that has got us to this position already.

A very good signing in wilkinson who we all believe got better with games.

Hopefully another good signing coming in with Rhys Murphy.

Most pleasing of all though, two play off contenders sold their two top goalscorers that will leave a massive hole in their squad!!

Is this our year? Let's get down to oakwell and back the lads, 3 points and we go into 5th position outright.

OWTB

Finally the club have shown some ambition (even if he doesn't sign in time). This says to me that owner, the manager and the players believe they can make the play offs, in action, not just words.

That's good enough for me to believe the same. Lets kick on now.

It's pleasing we are not selling an asset. It seems an age since we last held on to our top scorer. No fire sale.

Little tweaks for the first time in an age.

And others have lost key players

But it is all ifs but and maybes. Completely unproven.

But Conor Wilkinson and Rhys Murphy are gambles. Murphy has scored 1 goal in 12 appearances this season.

I'm just staying calm and hopeful.

It's pleasing we are not selling an asset. It seems an age since we last held on to our top scorer. No fire sale.

But Conor Wilkinson and Rhys Murphy are gambles. Murphy has scored 1 goal in 12 appearances this season.

Better than Poleon's return! I do like the look of that Murphy plus he goes out to the pub weeknights, proper fella

I'm just staying calm and hopeful.

Murphy's been injured this season. He did score 13 last season, including quite a few against the better (defensively) teams.

Signings are okay but not spectacular.

It's good we haven't let anyone go, although only Forte is irreplaceable.

Top 10 would be good, very achievable, but I don't think we're consistent enough to make the top 6.

Just out of interest, do you really believe that Kelly is more replacable than Forte?

Good day all round for us, first deadline day we've come out with the better deals.

I've been very critical of the lack of ambition shown by Mr Corney in years gone by. I must say, however, that I'm absolutely delighted with the way this window has panned out. We've retained all of our key players, getting rid of some deadwood, and strengthened. Out rival clubs have sold their best assets without replacing. Well done to all involved, let's hope we can get in that top six...

If you'd told me during the Evans week that we'd be happy at the end of the window, I'd have been very surprised. But fair play to the club, mainly for keeping the key players.

I can see us keeping up with the play-offs now, and even if we don't get them we should be in a good position to strengthen over the summer and have a proper go next year.

Can't wait for tomorrow night now.

If you'd told me during the Evans week that we'd be happy at the end of the window, I'd have been very surprised. But fair play to the club, mainly for keeping the key players.

I can see us keeping up with the play-offs now, and even if we don't get them we should be in a good position to strengthen over the summer and have a proper go next year.

Can't wait for tomorrow night now.

Never mind this 'waiting for next year' we now have a squad that can challenge! Look at Yeovil and Orient planning for a good next season!

If you get a chance you take it-there are 2 play off spots to aim for! Who are we competing against Rochdale/Bratford/ Chesterfield, Sheff Utd & maybe Donnie?

Win tomorrow and its onwards and upwards, well done Corney & LJ

Very surprised but happy that we haven't sold any crucial players while still being able to bring in a few. Certainly no shortage of strikers anymore!

I'd have been happier keeping Rachubka on as backup in case of an injury to Kean, but we can bring in a replacement keeper during most stages of the season anyway and the money saved by letting him probably enabled us to bring in the 2 strikers. So there isn't really much of a negative IMO.

Fascinating last 3 (hopefully 4) months coming up! 50+ points is the 1st big milestone for me so hopefully we get there asap then make a big push for the playoffs after.

Never mind this 'waiting for next year' we now have a squad that can challenge! Look at Yeovil and Orient planning for a good next season!

If you get a chance you take it-there are 2 play off spots to aim for! Who are we competing against Rochdale/Bratford/ Chesterfield, Sheff Utd & maybe Donnie?

Win tomorrow and its onwards and upwards, well done Corney & LJ

Spot on, you don't get many opportunities, I think both the management and the board believe ours is now. Given our dreadful earlier run it's incredible that we remain so close, shows how tight it is. We have genuinely had the better of teams in most games this season, at least in the key stats, a bit of belief and bit of luck and who knows? Great to see we are giving ourselves a chance though.

Signings are okay but not spectacular.

It's good we haven't let anyone go, although only Forte is irreplaceable.

Top 10 would be good, very achievable, but I don't think we're consistent enough to make the top 6.

I reckon sixth place is wide open. Above that is a very strong group of five (Sheffield, MK, Swindon, Bristol and Preston).

I actually reckon everyone is replaceable, but this is still a good group of players. Wilko has the added bonus of having already been here, so he should settle quickly.

This Is it for me. I reckon theres guna be 3/4 teams fighting for that 6th place. And we could be one of them.

To be honest, probably even more than that.

No reason we can't be one of them, lets hope the new signings gel quckly.

As we have tweeaked the squad rather than wholseale changes there is a much better chance of not falling away this new year as we hve done quite a few times in recent years.

Given the events of the past couple of months Corney would have been lynched if he had let the squad be broken up.

In reality we are probably only using the monies saved from the Evans deal rather than really pushing the boat out but we certainly look to have more attacking options now then we did a month ago - have to turn draws into wins if we are to finish top 6.

All the top teams to play at home, could be a fun end to the season.