Johnson to Barnsley

He should tell Barnsley to do one! If they still talk to him and LJ does move on we can do them for more compensation.

I think/hopw he will stay.

Just imagine the uproar on here. People suggest the team will get unsettled and upset if a suspended player comes back into the team. What if the manager leaves?

How would him resigning result in more compensation?

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine permission will only be granted after we've agreed a compensation package. If it's a decent amount, I don't think we'd go all out to keep him in fairness.

Don't want to lose Johnson but it might even be a blessing in terms of this season. If we were sat in 7th, with, on paper, a really decent squad, there might be a fair few out of work managers with proven track records who'd fancy a go.

If someone else came in and had the 'honeymoon period' effect, we'd definitely be in the play-offs.

Edited by longtimeblue

If we let him go who do yoy replace him with?

we cant afford anyone with experience

we acnt afford a 'name' manager

we wouldnt want a jounyman

we would be forced to get another unproven young manager which of course is a risk. We had one of those last season, he is now on a long term contract so altough im sure the cash would be nice - tell them thanks but no thanks. He will move on eventually but please dont let it be to another :censored:in league1 club.

Have we fallen so far that all our best players and now coaches are only good enough for our own division before thay can step up.

Championshiop club - OK give permission, let him improve and move up

League 1 - tell him "Nah you are already in league 1, you want to move up. Take us with you"

How would him resigning result in more compensation?

He has stated he is happy in the job many times,even today in the chron - why would he resign all of a sudden?

if that happened they would/should be reported to the FA and we would file for compensation.

Not for the first time this year LJ neatly sidesteps questions about which he has previously said the opposite.And places responsbibilty firmly on the Board. He could categeorically rule himself out, but chooses not to. He could say I am committed to Oldham.

Anyone could see it is too early in his career, he needs to find his feet, achieve something then move on.

Barnsley are a bit bigger club than us, and consistently have double our gates despite being a slightly smaller town. But LJ could go onto much bigger things with a little patience.

The FL and the dole queue is littered with managers who made the jump too early.

LJ could easily say I am staying put for the time being, but he plays the media and comes out as if he is the Messiah in some eyes.

He's not the Messiah, he's a very shrewd boy.

Edited by singe

Not for the first time this year LJ neatly sidesteps questions about which he has previously said the opposite.And places responsbibilty firmly on the Board. He could categeorically rule himself out, but chooses not to. He could say I am committed to Oldham.

Anyone could see it is too early in his career, he needs to find his feet, achieve something then move on.

Barnsley are a bit bigger club than us, and consistently have double our gates despite being a slightly smaller town. But LJ could go onto much bigger things with a little patience.

The FL and the dole queue is littered with managers who made the jump too early.

LJ could easily say I am staying put for the time being, but he plays the media and comes out as if he is the Messiah in some eyes.

He's not the Messiah, he's a very shrewd boy.

Wish I could up boat this post more, if only for your neat Monty Python esq close to your argument! !

I'd be up for this to happen:

LJ goes to Barnsley

We get decent sized compensation package which finally finishes the stand

We then get Nigel Adkins as boss

another reason i want him to stay is the unrealistic list of manager targets on here for weeks until - 33yd old Bob Smith is appointed

Chron - Barnsley have made a formal approach, firm 'no comment' from the Club.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/90370/johnson-clear-favourite-for-barnsley-post

The Barnsley Board are not going to approach the Oldham Board unless they have an indication he is interested. If he was not at all, they would be left with egg on their faces.

If he left, it would confirm what I thought after Evans, he talks crap.

Impressive manager, huge potential, but he talks media :censored:e.

Of course, he may hate having a Chairman away so much or enjoy the freedon of it.

His demi god status cointinues to unravel for me, Dowie -esque in his come and get me believe the hype.

I hope he doesn't go, and becomes another Big Joe.

I'm not sure who we would bring in if LJ goes. For instance, I don't think we would get a Danny Wilson because he likes a big transfer buget and we simply couldn't offer that.

Gary Johnson did a decent job in getting Yeovil promoted but again couldn't achieve much more than his small wage budget in the Championship, I.E a bridge too far, which would be the same position if we went up With him.

Dowie earns too much elsewhere to even consider us.

Nigel Adkins, will never happen.

just going off some names mentioned on here.

I agree with Palmer on this one. It would be another young, unproven manager. We have been lucky this time with LJ in finding a bit of a Gem. However it didn't work with Dickov, who's to say it would next time?

Why are people thinking that, if LJ left, we'd recruit from outside. Given that things have been relatively good on the pitch (compared to other times when managers have left), surely we're far more likely to ask Tommy Wright to step up.

I wouldn't see him as a number 1 but not hard to imagine Holden stepping up or a return for Murray, if only until the end of the season.