New Manager thread.

http://m.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/11777558.York_City_diary__Premier_post_catches_Kelly_s_eye/

Why didn't League Two York give him the managers job in his time there?

So on the 7th of Feb he says he wants to get some more coaching experience to eventually become a manager, but not too soon. Then on 4th of May all that experience he's picked up in 3 months teaching some Sunderand kids is enough to get him the gig here. Brilliant.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So on the 7th of Feb he says he wants to get some more coaching experience to eventually become a manager, but not too soon. Then on 4th of May all that experience he's picked up in 3 months teaching some Sunderand kids is enough to get him the gig here. Brilliant.

Jesus! Wtf is going on here! 12 weeks ago his "dream" was to return to manage York City... "Eventually, nit too soon".

Chris on a bike.

Edited by kowenicki

Perhaps this is all nonsense.

Perhaps TP has been persuaded to assist DH, or perhaps a management team... and this guy is simply replacing TP? Youth team at Latics is a step up from babysitting the kids team at Sunderland?

Perhaps?

45]

User Actions FollowfcTpXhgD_bigger.jpgCurtis Dockray@Curtis_dockray

God knows what's happening, don't shoot the messenger but just heard dowies handed in his notice at Sky #oafc

Retweeted

Favorite

Follow

More

Garbage. He isn't an employee is he? He will just be a freelance. Paid per job he does for them.

If there was loyalty in football why the :censored: are so many of you threatening to not go again or not buy a season ticket or send your ticket back?

If he wants to better himself and apply for 'better' jobs why shouldn't he?

You ask him why is was disrespectful to Sunderland by looking for a managerial role but and while you do that... Tell him why this message board is so disrespectful to him, his career, his views based off a rumour and a personal twitter account when they know nothing about him

1. I am not

2. Of course he can.... I am suspicious of someone who is already looking for a new job 4 months into a current one. It's plain wrong. If indeed he was.... I don't yet know, hence I'd like to ask the question.

3. I haven't been disrespectful to him.

Edited by lookersstandandy

I really don't see where you're coming from with this - what did Sunderland think he was getting more and more coaching badges for?

I'll be amazed if they're in the slightest bit surprised or bothered by him apparently being on the verge of landing the Oldham job.

Bemused, like us maybe....

Half, if not more, of their whole coaching staff will ultimately want to manager in their own right, won't they.....?

If I were interviewing someone who had only been in their current job 4 months.... I would be suspicious of their commitment to me. We need stability.... Not constant upheaval.

If I were interviewing someone who had only been in their current job 4 months.... I would be suspicious of their commitment to me. We need stability.... Not constant upheaval.

If someone offers us 60k for him in 6 months time the lads will snap their hands off.

That's a bit below the :censored:ing belt. Not to mention a bizarre analogy.

From this I take it Nige won't be getting your cross next Thursday......Biizarre? maybe, but still you agree it's an analogy. Which in itself gives it credence.

The bit that bamboozles me is why its taken so long to make a bad decision

Encapsulates it rather nicely.

A quick appointment of the right manager could have had us in the play-offs with three massive games still to play.

Despite the injuries, that's a decent set of players we've got who, with the right organisation, could have got there.

Corney would have discovered it's a lot easier to sell a Championship club at a discount than a League One club at an over-inflated price. And he'd have made more from it.

Assuming it is Kelly it's extraordinarily disappointing. But I'm still going. I'm bewildered by those who aren't.

Assuming it is Kelly it's extraordinarily disappointing. But I'm still going. I'm bewildered by those who aren't.

I'm tempted not to to...totally 50/50 at the moment. It cant be that bewildering can it? We all have our different points where the straw breaks the camels back and for me, i fear this might be the time.

Some people will back corney forever, some people will think withdrawing money from going to the club may be the best thing to do to see some changes...

We all have our own opinions...

Edited by Fruitygoo

I'm tempted not to to...totally 50/50 at the moment. It cant be that bewildering can it? We all have our different points where the straw breaks the camels back and for me, i fear this might be the time.

Some people will back corney forever, some people will think withdrawing money from going to the club may be the best thing to do to see some changes...

We all have our own opinions...

It's not about backing Corney is it?

He's a qualified physio as well, maybe a two jobs in one signing? :wink:

'As a qualified sports therapist and remedial masseur, Kelly has also offered his match-day assistance to City physio Jeff Miller'. " I would like to get involved in that side of things and save the club a bit of money by helping out in a few areas perhaps by giving players pre-match and post-match massages.”

Can turn his hand to anything it seems, the basketball, tennis, rounders and dodgeball skills will come in handy.

I might be warming to him. :unsure:

Edited by BP1960