New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting aside to that was a link to Bolton in debt to tune of £179m million http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/01/bolton-wanderers-debt-increases

What amazes me is how such massive debt is now almost the norm - the amounts of money involved strike me as being bonkers (though I admit I'm anything but a businessman) yet you see these stories reported in almost a "sure it's grand, it's not like there are another two or three zeros on the debt" kind of way.

Edited by Nohairdontcare

What about the amount of black people with UEFA Qualifications? I would imagine it is much less.

This is the key for me. Percentage of black players is irrelevant when comparing to number of managers. The percentage of qualified black coaches is the important stat.

Why this rarely gets talked about when the racism card is played is beyond me.

What the problem with Mark Yates?

Done a good job at both places by all accounts.

These are probably the same people that worship Dowie, who has failed in his last 4 management jobs.

How is being given 5 years in League Two with Cheltenham and not getting promoted good?

If its Yates I would feel a little underwhelmed.

I felt underwhelmed when Lee Johnson got the job but overall he proved to be the right appointment at the time. I was underwhelmed with Dave Penney and that appointment proved to be a disaster.

Some of the "name" managers people were suggesting such as Dowie were never going to happen. It was always likely to be a rookie or a tried and failed such as Danny Wilson.

How is being given 5 years in League Two with Cheltenham and not getting promoted good?

Because he took over a team with a small budget, who have spent almost all their history in non-league, when they were bottom of the football league and lifted them into the play offs in consecutive seasons.

It's like saying it wouldn't be a good achievement for a manager to do the same with us but in League 1.

Has a track record of signing very promising loanees, which will appeal to Corney, got his team playing decent football on a :censored:-tip of a rugby pitch with no money. How anybody can deride that I do not know.

Edited by NewBlue

I couldn't pick him out of a line up if I was stood there with a picture of him and he was wearing a sign saying "I'm Mark Yates".

Who'd have thought that Warnock would end up being a Premier League Manager? Or that Hodgson would be England Manager? Or that Lee Who? Appointed in a shroud of mystery would have grown men one small slither away from weeping into their cornflakes when he left two seasons later.

Get some one in, anyone or give it Holden.

Because he took over a team with a small budget, who have spent almost all their history in non-league, when they were bottom of the football league and lifted them into the play offs in consecutive seasons.

It's like saying it wouldn't be a good achievement for a manager to do the same with us but in League 1.

I suppose he sounds better when you put it that way.

Two play off appearances in five years would be better than what we've had.