New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind Dean Saunders he's keeping a very poor crawley side up and did a good job at Doncaster. Plus he's only temporary with Gregory not in charge with health reasons

He still lives in Cheshire.

Russell Slade likely to be available in the summer.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I worked for Russell Slade for a while, a good motivator and genuine guy with a great sense of humour, works well on a low budget.

Edited by BP1960

I worked for Russell Slade for a while, a good motivator and genuine guy with a great sense of humour, works well on a low budget.

He'll be highly motivated himself, given the appalling treatment and sacking at Orient and how he hasn't been given a proper chance at Cardiff, assuming the reports are true that he's leaving. Has a superb managerial record, may be looking for more stable chairman after Tan and the Italians at Orient, and as you say he's a nice bloke.

Someone said before that he lives in the south, and looking at his career he's been in the south for almost 10 years now. I just saw an article saying he lived in Scarborough with his family while at Orient and he's worked in the north before. We have to make an effort to try to get him.

Edited by NewBlue

I wouldn't mind Dean Saunders he's keeping a very poor crawley side up and did a good job at Doncaster. Plus he's only temporary with Gregory not in charge with health reasons

Gregory won't be going back, at least not as manager. They might create a position upstairs for him at best.

.....Corney might be taking his time.... and we might end up with a former lower league player as manager that on face value doesn't excite [Lee Johnson would aptly fit this description]..... but I'd rather that, than take a seemingly long odds / high stakes gamble on Ricardo Moniz.....!

Edited by lookersstandandy

.....Corney might be taking his time.... and we might end up with a former lower league player as manager that on face value doesn't excite [Lee Johnson would aptly fit this description]..... but I'd rather that, than take a seemingly long odds / high stakes gamble on Ricardo Moniz.....!

50%+ win ratio in the two jobs he got any time - more a coup than a gamble surely?

I don't think there are any other teams in the FL looking for a manager are there?

Of course it could be in Scotland/non-league.

Edit: Skiverton is interim at Yeovil too

Edited by jsslatic