• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have no idea where this came from.. Predicted a certain defeat. On Saturday they looked a leaderless, demoralised, disorganised shambles from the moment they walked onto the pitch and then tonight against one of the leagues form teams they produce this. Well done boys.

Have no idea where this came from.. Predicted a certain defeat. On Saturday they looked a leaderless, demoralised, disorganised shambles from the moment they walked onto the pitch and then tonight against one of the leagues form teams they produce this. Well done boys.

Lockwood, Winchy & Forte make a hell of a difference......that was the most confident I've seen WInchester play in a while......really bossed it

Very impressed with wilkinson when he came on tonight, could be very effective for us for the run in. Set up not to lose tonight which was what was called for given lack ok key personnel, recent results and away at a bogey ground. Not pretty but the plan worked a treat, stunning free kick from Jones and a tight 4 5 1 set up meant we didn't offer much but kept solid. Some good keeping from Kean and Winchester worth a mention for a few drives at the defence.

Very impressed with wilkinson when he came on tonight, could be very effective for us for the run in. Set up not to lose tonight which was what was called for given lack ok key personnel, recent results and away at a bogey ground. Not pretty but the plan worked a treat, stunning free kick from Jones and a tight 4 5 1 set up meant we didn't offer much but kept solid. Some good keeping from Kean and Winchester worth a mention for a few drives at the defence.

Who was the 1? Wasnt it more like 4-6-0?

I knew Jones would score as soon as the free kick was given, just had that feeling! Isn't it great having someone who scores from free kicks, is that 4 free kicks he's scored now? Don't remember scoring to many in the last 5 years or so!

It was a dogged performance, that 2nd half was tough, they'll be some niggles picked up tonight I would imagine! Good to see some players returning from injury! Thought all the defence were good, Lockwood's 1st start since last season and we looked a lot more composed, coincidence I think not.

The most pleasing thing tonight I thought was that the players all wanted it, the reaction to the goal, the reaction at full time, they're together as a group which has been questioned at times this season.

Not getting carried away even though we never win at vale park, we really need to back it up with another away win on Saturday against a pesky relegation threatened side.

Thank god that's over. Very scrappy win which we probably didn't deserve in all honesty. Thought vale looked very good going forward and caused us problems all night and they had the chances to show for it. Keane although making some good saves wasn't comanding enough for me and it felt as though vale were able to cross the ball into the 6 yard box time and time again without any challenge from the Keeper who was rooted to his line. However we took the points and worked hard and special mention to Connor brown who was my MOM. Philliskirk ineffective again for large periods of the game and was only noticeable when moved to the right wing mid way through the second half. Wilkinson was a real menace when he came on and should have done better with his chance at the end. Overall a nice 3 points when we probably didn't deserve them

Yeh no coincidence that first clean sheet for a long time when Lockwood returns.

A lot of positives from game and special mention for Connor Brown who was outstanding.

Thought Wilson (FB) was very ropey at times and Philli was poor again but they put a shift in as did all the players and we ground out a great win.

Goalie though is a very big worry for me.

First half was a carry over from Saturday , came for 2 crosses and got no where near them , dropped one easy cross under no pressure and his kicking is very poor.

To be fair he did improve in the 2nd half , made a few good saves and actually came and caught 3/4 crosses . Ist time he has done that since he signed.

Thought in 1st half when he was struggling to get to half way line with his kicks it was the wind but then he did same in second half.

Vale put us under a lot of pressure and most of it nearly all came from our goalies kick outs.

Kicks out to half way line , their 6'8" CH just stands and heads it straight back and they are on the attack again , he did this time and time again.

Hopefully the second half performance will give him confidence for the rest of the season and get him training on his kicking !!!!

Lets continue the clean sheet at Yeovil and with Wilkinson back and looking threatening i am sure we can grab a few at the other end.

PS -

Mention to the fans singing again who gave it their all for the full 90 min .

Well done but very disappointed with turn out of 236 when it's only 40 odd miles down the M/way even on a cold Tuesday night a bit poor.

Would appear that a lot have given up after Saturday !!!!

Edited by losesome

Thank god that's over. Very scrappy win which we probably didn't deserve in all honesty. Thought vale looked very good going forward and caused us problems all night and they had the chances to show for it. Keane although making some good saves wasn't comanding enough for me and it felt as though vale were able to cross the ball into the 6 yard box time and time again without any challenge from the Keeper who was rooted to his line. However we took the points and worked hard and special mention to Connor brown who was my MOM. Philliskirk ineffective again for large periods of the game and was only noticeable when moved to the right wing mid way through the second half. Wilkinson was a real menace when he came on and should have done better with his chance at the end. Overall a nice 3 points when we probably didn't deserve them

There are numerous ways of "deserving" to win football matches

This makes the win all the more satisfying in my eyes.

I bet there's a few Swindon fans would give their right bollock for a couple of wins like that at the minute.

My issue with poleon yesterday was that he didnt stretch them enough...couple of times there were acres to run into but he held back.....wanting the ball to his feet rather than for him to run onto.

Last couple of games (and barnsley in JPT) have shown with some decent coaching, he could be a threat. His work rate has gone up starting at gillingham.

Wilkinson has to start if fit on saturday though. Yeovil are nothing special and i feel we have to attack. Id be tempte to have a front 3 of poleon, forte and wilkinson dropping to a midfield 5 without the ball