League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inevitably so but who was the last experienced manager we had who achieved anything of note?

Jack Rowley, having spent 5 years at Plymouth he had won the third Division title with them, and won the 4th with us. It was in '62/63 so many will be forgiven for not quite rememebering it!

I don't thnk we should count Ronnie Moore's Lancs Sentior Cup title as scucces...

John Eustace to leave Derby.

He'll end up in League One I'd imagine.

Could be good cover for Kelly & Jones if the price is right and he's fit.....

Cover? He'd be captaining the side, and he'd also be on pens, corners, free kicks and whatever else he wanted to take...

Cover? He'd be captaining the side, and he'd also be on pens, corners, free kicks and whatever else he wanted to take...

Beat me to it, year before last Eustace was one of Derbys better performers week in week out - solid championship player and would be a massive coup for us using his experience but more so his ability at this level!

Sought after Lewin Nyatanga has signed a new contract at Barnsley. Lee Johnson said;

Even though he was already with us, in the modern day there's still that loyalty there and that's nice to know."

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/lewin-nyatanga-contract-extension-is-statement-of-intent-2485070.aspx#TYuewBArwO7y216U.99

Irony defined.

Scunthorpe signing Williams a player we should have looked into plus a league 1 round up http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/league-one-gossip-scunthorpe-united-9439711

Sad to say, but we can't compete with Scunthorpe on wages, nor can we with Bury. If they get him their attack will be Madden, Van Ween, Kee and Williams. Compare that to ours and it's a different world.

They'll be on £5k a week or more and I'd be surprised if our highest earner was on more than £2k.

Sad to say, but we can't compete with Scunthorpe on wages, nor can we with Bury. If they get him their attack will be Madden, Van Ween, Kee and Williams. Compare that to ours and it's a different world.

They'll be on £5k a week or more and I'd be surprised if our highest earner was on more than £2k.

They released billy kee pal

On what do we base this £5K per week? Is it supposition? If not, you forgot the magic word. FACT.

"Departing Port Vale striker Tom Pope says that the offer made to him by League One new boys Bury was simply too much money to turn down."

Doesn't give a figure but it suggests Bury really are chucking a fair bit of money about...

"

"Departing Port Vale striker Tom Pope says that the offer made to him by League One new boys Bury was simply too much money to turn down."

Doesn't give a figure but it suggests Bury really are chucking a fair bit of money about...

"

And that Port Vale aren't, they are cutting back this year due to low crowds. I could see them getting relegated.

Surely some of our players earn more than 2k?

I read somewhere that our average wage is 1500-2500 But I would have thought Elekobi would be earning 2-3k? Forte too?

This isn't based on any "inside knowledge" at all by the way just generally asking the question. Does anyone Actually know as in know a player or something.

Archived