League 1 Activity

Didn't they spend a decent amount of money on him not so long ago?

Who owns Scunthorpe and since when did they have money to throw around?

They have spent quite a bit in the last 3/4 years, they spent loads in League 2 to get promotion and seem to be going for it again now.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't they spend a decent amount of money on him not so long ago?

Who owns Scunthorpe and since when did they have money to throw around?

ex-Chairman of Gainsborough. Stepped up a few levels and got ambitious. Has a few quid

Surely some of our players earn more than 2k?

I read somewhere that our average wage is 1500-2500 But I would have thought Elekobi would be earning 2-3k? Forte too?

This isn't based on any "inside knowledge" at all by the way just generally asking the question. Does anyone Actually know as in know a player or something.

I spoke with Dickov when he was manager and he told me - and I have no reason to disbelieve him - that our top paid player [at the time] was Shefki Kuqi who was on £2k per week......

"Departing Port Vale striker Tom Pope says that the offer made to him by League One new boys Bury was simply too much money to turn down."

Doesn't give a figure but it suggests Bury really are chucking a fair bit of money about...

"

I'm taking it that it's a lot of money over 3 years. An iffy season with injuries and 7 goals and he's struggling for a decent deal the season after. A 3 year contract sees him about through to retiring.

Out with Michael Higdon from Sheff Utd tonight through some mates of mine.

Its common knowledge he is on 4k a week with a 2k play bonus and 2k win bonus......not mentioned goals

This is what we are up against

There average gates are nearly five times ours with higher admittance prices on average. Must follow that all other shop sales are also that much higher, plus corporate income. There budget is probably 6 or 7 times ours.

On what do we base this £5K per week? Is it supposition? If not, you forgot the magic word. FACT.

Not sure why you're getting arsey but from a variety of different things you can estimate a player's wage. I've never had, or claimed to have, some inside track on player wages - it's not difficult to gage based on figures that are more concrete from elsewhere.

There average gates are nearly five times ours with higher admittance prices on average. Must follow that all other shop sales are also that much higher, plus corporate income. There budget is probably 6 or 7 times ours.

And your argument is re; Bury & Scunthorpe????

They've got minted owners?

So it's not all relative then is it?

So we are probably in the bottom 6 attendance wise in the league and at least a couple of teams below that have got minted owners shows what we are competing against.

I was merely showing people the types of wages that are being paid in the division

So it's not all relative then is it?

So we are probably in the bottom 6 attendance wise in the league and at least a couple of teams below that have got minted owners shows what we are competing against.

I was merely showing people the types of wages that are being paid in the division

It is relative to the funds that each club makes available for player recruitment - how this money is brought into the club is a moot point. As someone else on here wrote recently: you cut your cloth....

And your argument is re; Bury & Scunthorpe????

The owners/directors have put in their own cash. If they don't get success, and realise hat the crowds still won't turn up like ours, they could walk away leaving a huge wage bill tat can't possibly be paid.

Wigan apparently bid 800k for Sam Clucas.

This is the type of deal that annoys me, when you look at the fees we sometimes receive - 300k...

This is the type of deal that annoys me, when you look at the fees we sometimes receive - 300k...

yo know for a fact that we receive £300 k on a transfer or you just guessing

The owners/directors have put in their own cash. If they don't get success, and realise hat the crowds still won't turn up like ours, they could walk away leaving a huge wage bill tat can't possibly be paid.

.?? Read the original post I was referring to Al bro!

You will notice that I was discussing how the amount you spend is relative to the size of crowd etc so not really sure what your point is

We typically sign players on free transfers after they've been released from other clubs, not up and coming stars from the league below for 6 figure sums.

We typically sign players on free transfers after they've been released from other clubs, not up and coming stars from the league below for 6 figure sums.

No, mate. You've got it all wrong. We always get conned out of big transfer fees cos we're little Oldham...

Peterborough set to sign Joe Gormley who scored 40 goals last season for Cliftonville, including 5 hat-tricks (85 in 133 in total).

He's from Northern Ireland, so that means we were interested in him by default doesn't it?

Archived