League 1 Activity

And that prevents them from playing direct football?

Did you watch them last year?

I play golf in Brighouse with a dozen or so Bradford ST's and they hate some of the football they have to,watch under Parkinson, I actually asked them last week and they would happily swap,him for a manager who played a better style......with their home support behind them they reckon they could be a real force.

On a brighter note.....recent history has been in my favour in games between us!

Happily swap him? We should take him off their hands.

They obviously used Stead as a big target man but I thought Bradford played some good football last season.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know whether I'm slow on the story but just seen Gary Hooper is odds on to join sheffield united!

Absolutely outrageous signing for this level

Reports that they've agreed a £500k fee for Billy Sharp too.

Reports that they've agreed a £500k fee for Billy Sharp too.

trying to re-create the Scunny team of 10 years ago?

cant see Hooper dropping down and that amount for Sharp is crazy nowadays. Isnt he just a journeyman striker now, never seems to settle?

trying to re-create the Scunny team of 10 years ago?

cant see Hooper dropping down and that amount for Sharp is crazy nowadays. Isnt he just a journeyman striker now, never seems to settle?

Adkins seems to sign him wherever he ends up. I thought he was mid 30s still only 29

Adkins seems to sign him wherever he ends up. I thought he was mid 30s still only 29

I thought he was older but he seems to have been loaned to everyone in Yorkshire.

In fact didnt Sheff Utd pay a massive fee for him from Scunny...£2milllion

I thought he was older but he seems to have been loaned to everyone in Yorkshire.

In fact didnt Sheff Utd pay a massive fee for him from Scunny...£2milllion

Something like that started out at Sheff U then ending up back there. Leeds seem to be doing a swap deal for jamie Murphy

Sheffield have got Michael Higdon, who missed almost the whole of last season through injury, to come back, and he is a very capable striker at this level.

Plus some really good kids coming through the ranks they're my favourites for promotion.

Sheff Utd may well get promotion this year, looking like strong contenders at the very least.

Sheffield have got Michael Higdon, who missed almost the whole of last season through injury, to come back, and he is a very capable striker at this level.

Plus some really good kids coming through the ranks they're my favourites for promotion.

Yet again.

Yet again.

I can't speak for yarddogs but I predicted them to come 5th last season, and Bristol would win it and Preston to go up with them.

They're going to be a better side next season. They struggled for goals and they're going to have better strikers and a more attacking manager.

Yet again.

I did fancy them last season but they struggled for goals, a couple of decent strikers and a fair start should see them go very close, they may well field weakened teams in the cup comps as those distractions have cost them in the last couple of seasons, Ive not seen the odds but they must be long odds on for top 6, and pretty short for promotion.

I think Sheff Utd will miss out on promotion again this time around.

A huge club for this division and a budget to go with it....Adkins has done it all before and will be the difference this season. This time I expect them to be up there from the start.

I think If we can finish within 20 points of them that would be an achievement and should put us in the playoffs.

Why are people tipping Sheffield United they have signed nobody

Adkins is a pretty big signing for them to be fair.

Sharp would be a great signing, Hooper would be even better. They will have plenty of money to spend and should be leading the way really. Fully expect them to be in the mix.

Adkins is a pretty big signing for them to be fair.

Sharp would be a great signing, Hooper would be even better. They will have plenty of money to spend and should be leading the way really. Fully expect them to be in the mix.

Adkins could make a massive difference to them. He is the reason I've tipped them to go up.

Will Sharp be a great signing? How many times has he failed there now. They signed him for 2 million not long ago and he was :censored:e. Now they are going to spunk another 500k...

Archived