League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary Roberts signs for Pompey reportedly on 4k a week plus bonuses

Crikey, Pompey are throwing money about.

Chesterfield in for a struggle? Gaffer gone, seems to be an exodus on the cards - Roberts, Ryan, Clucas

Not sure why you're getting arsey but from a variety of different things you can estimate a player's wage. I've never had, or claimed to have, some inside track on player wages - it's not difficult to gage based on figures that are more concrete from elsewhere.

Only just seen this. I wasn't being arsey. I was asking how you arrived at the figure of £5K because, on the contrary, I think it is difficult to gauge as I have a little knowledge of what some players earn although I'm not saying how. You'd be surprised with some of them, I can assure you.

The FACT comment was a jokey reference to something that has become embedded in OWTB folklore, but I can't remember who started it or when.

Peterborough set to sign Joe Gormley who scored 40 goals last season for Cliftonville, including 5 hat-tricks (85 in 133 in total).

He's from Northern Ireland, so that means we were interested in him by default doesn't it?

Depends whether he's a left footer, dunnit.

James Hanson from Bradford to Millwall for more than half a million. Very pricey for a 27 year old who is hardly prolific.

Still, effective at this level and shows Millwall are another throwing money about. Apparently after Alfie Mawson too, which would be an excellent signing.

Started in youths at reading before moving to Brentford where he never managed a 1st team appearance and then several loan spells at Maidenhead United, Welling, Luton, and the whole of last season at Wycombe.

Don't quite understand how that signing blows ours out of the water!!

Archived