Players linked with us

How do you know he's not affordable? He could be free. Surely Prem clubs like Liverpool are not really that arsed about us covering the wages of their youngsters?

I forgot, we'd stop paying the wages of the other 3 players who can play in this position... My bad.

I forgot, we'd stop paying the wages of the other 3 players who can play in this position... My bad.

But our financial position wouldn't change; we'd be paying them the same, either way. Anyway, wouldn't it put us in a better position to offload one of them?

@Matt_Chambers_: Told this morning that #oafc are to bring in striker Simonas Stankevičius on loan from Leicester. http://t.co/R7nibgZF2m

A 19-year-old striker who had a spell on loan at Nuneaton last season where he didn't score. Has played 10 times for the Lituanian national team though, scoring no goals.

Struggling to get excited by that one.

Talked to his dad on Saturday, he said we couldn't afford his wages otherwise he would have come here.

Couldn't afford his wages? How much is he on for a kid that has never played a pro game before? Shouldn't be surprised, but it will still take me aback.

Are he and his Dad Oldham fans?

Edited by NewBlue

How can we not afford an 18 year olds wages. I would have thought Liverpool wouldn't be bothered paying a youth players wages if they knew he was getting first team experience.

Thought it would be a bit rude to ask someone their son's wages so didn't bother, but it's well known that big clubs pay good money to their youngsters, especially good prospects, so wouldn't be surprised if it's upwards of £2k a week.

Thought it would be a bit rude to ask someone their son's wages so didn't bother, but it's well known that big clubs pay good money to their youngsters, especially good prospects, so wouldn't be surprised if it's upwards of £2k a week.

New contract he signed not so long ago puts him on just over 5k a week. He was on just under 2k before that at 17 year old Edited by MAC0AFC

Talked to his dad on Saturday, he said we couldn't afford his wages otherwise he would have come here.

How depressing is that, on the day we find out TTA get to build 30 more properties on club lad we find out we cant afford the wages of a Liverpool youth player. its no wonder so many have lost hope.

I was speaking to a 21 year old League One defenders dad yesterday.

I'd imagine we pay a bit more than this club and the player in question has had one full season where he played most games.

He's on £50k basic but will earn about £75k with appearances etc..

17 year old at Fulham (FULHAM) I used to play with on 3k a week aswell, dream world these footballers. Edited by MAC0AFC