Players linked with us

Yes but not many are happy to not play until somebody pays them £x or after 18 months not having a club say it is all about sums and that money can usually be found if you are wanted badly enough....as he has not got a club I can only assume....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34648836

Surely if he was what we wanted or vaguely affordable we would've signed him before Shrewsbury did.

He looked unfit when he was here but Holden knows enough about him to advise Dunn about signing him.

He's got a fair old ego on him though. Can't think of many other League 1 footballers who would knock back lesser offers to stay unemployed. That said, can't see many players risking a career threatening injury for no pay so he has to get some credit for that.

We could do worse. Wouldn't be my first choice in Summer but could do what Locky did for us at a time when we're crying out for a leader

Gerrard does that really annoying thing in interviews where he says something not funny & then follows it up with "Nah, I'm only messin like".

As much as he's the type of player we're crying out for to save the club and he is available, for this trait alone, I hope we don't sign him. Also, I reckon that he'd be looking for every penny of the salary about to be freed up by Kelly and, on balance, I think I'd prefer us to keep Kelly & stick him in at centre half instead.

Gerrard does that really annoying thing in interviews where he says something not funny & then follows it up with "Nah, I'm only messin like".

As much as he's the type of player we're crying out for to save the club and he is available, for this trait alone, I hope we don't sign him. Also, I reckon that he'd be looking for every penny of the salary about to be freed up by Kelly and, on balance, I think I'd prefer us to keep Kelly & stick him in at centre half instead.

Centre half in a team that conceded 7 today. Just what we need.

County get a bigger following now than they ever did in the 1980s.

Lower league football continues to have a future.

Football crowds were genuinely lower back then, plus we played Fridays which is ok for a one off but it stopped loads of kids from attending.

Paul Robinson ex Blackburn keeper is apparently at the training ground, a decent keeper in his day but hasn't played for ages. In saying that anybody is better than the current number one.

I can see him doing coaching as well, maybe even as backup to Coleman. if he is there or if he does sign.

He might just be helping out as a one off.

His last game was in Sept 2014. And even then, only 7 games that season.

Edited by singe

I can see him doing coaching as well, maybe even as backup to Coleman. if he is there or if he does sign.

He might just be helping out as a one off.

His last game was in Sept 2014. And even then, only 7 games that season.

If he brings Minogue with him, then that's fine by me.

Just don't bring Donovan. Not Donovan! No to Donovan.

Dummigan and Lafferty back on loan. Unfortunately just a month each. What's rules regarding having these till the end of the season

It's not even a month, only 23 days. 5 games max, not sure if it includes the game on the 30th Jan.

Millwall, Bradford, Bury, Shrewsbury, Peterborough.

If the weather stays bad even less.

Though it might help, we should certaintly know if things have turned around by then.

Other players going back/contracts up then on 30th Jan or before. Yeates on 30th Jan and Fuller on 16th Jan.

So if it is not working out by then, what are we left with?

Dummigan and Lafferty back on loan. Unfortunately just a month each. What's rules regarding having these till the end of the season?

This perfectly sums up where we are as a club. Either Corney has only sanctioned the loan until end January or both players are not prepared to commit longer than this; either they are waiting to see where we are in the league or are hoping that some other club comes in for them.

Not sure on the rules.