Players linked with us

If we are looking to bring a loan signing in, George Waring has to be high on the list. He has similar attributes and qualities to Cassidy, a months loan would allow the club some time to assess Cassidy's injury, my feeling is we need the new face asap as its clear Jake is going to be side lined for a minimum of a month and we need someone to go straight into the team. He was a big miss when he went off Saturday lets get the cover in.

Edited by yarddog73

If we are looking to bring a loan signing in, George Waring has to be high on the list. He has similar attributes and qualities to Cassidy, a months loan would allow the club some time to assess Cassidy's injury, my feeling is we need the new face asap as its clear Jake is going to be side lined for a minimum of a month and we need someone to go straight into the team. He was a big miss when he went off Saturday lets get the cover in.

For the time being I think we should use what we have up front. I could see ways that Murphy, Turner, Poleon or Forte could play off Philliskirk on Tuesday so while I think Waring would be good cover for Cassidy's role, not using our current replacements would be wasting resources.

If Cassidy is the only striker we have that can play up top with our formation/tactics then surely we have to punt some of the many strikers we have and bring in someone who can replace Cassidy?

I dont think we have to though, stick to the 442 diamond formation, play turner and forte as the front two and play threw the middle rather than hoofing it up, if we havent got the ability to play on the deck with squad we've got then we're in trouble

I dont think we have to though, stick to the 442 diamond formation, play turner and forte as the front two and play threw the middle rather than hoofing it up, if we havent got the ability to play on the deck with squad we've got then we're in trouble

I totally agree that we change to suit what we have

For the time being I think we should use what we have up front. I could see ways that Murphy, Turner, Poleon or Forte could play off Philliskirk on Tuesday so while I think Waring would be good cover for Cassidy's role, not using our current replacements would be wasting resources.

Philiskirk boots him down the stairs of the coach before it sets off, easy

If we have to bring a loan signing then we've got serious squad problems. We have two squad gaps (left wing and holding midfield), but otherwise we have a very good squad (though i'm not convinced about Murphy).

I'd go with a midfiled of

Jones Kelly Dunn Croft

and a strike force of

Philly Forte

(with Philly playing a little deep).

That's a very good line-up for the third division.

If we have to bring a loan signing then we've got serious squad problems. We have two squad gaps (left wing and holding midfield), but otherwise we have a very good squad (though i'm not convinced about Murphy).

I'd go with a midfiled of

Jones Kelly Dunn Croft

and a strike force of

Philly Forte

(with Philly playing a little deep).

That's a very good line-up for the t

hird division.

And play both Philly and Forte in positions they were so ineffective in last season, I like it. Edited by yarddog73

Not necessarily - if DK has a look around due to Cassidy being out for a while and someone really good is available he should sign him.

We don't have another Cassidy type in the squad.

You mean another tall striker to lead the line? That leaves Turner and Philly, Forte and a.n.other (though Green can play in a forward midfield position and Poleon can play...somewhere). I wouldn't disagree, but you've got to get rid of Murphy, surely? Doesn't it suggest he's a bit pointless? Also Bove will be back. When do we give him a run out? 'Serious squad problems' is a bit strong, but a loan player does suggest a lack of balance and a bit of dead wood in the forward line.

And play both Philly and Forte in positions they were so ineffective in last season, I like it.

Forte ineffective as a striker? Seriously. Not when i saw him play there. He plays off the last man. He's by far the most natural (possibly only) finisher in the entire squad. He's wasted as a wide player.

And Philly's best position is in the hole behind the front man.

Forte ineffective as a striker? Seriously. Not when i saw him play there. He plays off the last man. He's by far the most natural (possibly only) finisher in the entire squad. He's wasted as a wide player.

And Philly's best position is in the hole behind the front man.

Agreed Edited by OAFCM35

He's wasted as a wide player.

It's just about acceptable to wrongly opine that Forte is a striker but 'wasted' on the wing. Wow.

A man whose goals almost all come from ghosting in from the wing. Who scored 15 goals from 34 matches FROM the wing and opening goal so far this season from drifting in from out wide, is wasted on the wing?

If he scores 1 in 2 from the wing and is 'wasted' there how many would he score from the front?

If he scores 1 in 2 from the wing and is 'wasted' there how many would he score from the front?

Less. His pace and power is wasted up front. He's the best we've had for a long time at attacking the far post from wide and he is also the best winger. I think he was best when he pushed up to almost for a front 3 at times and I still think we played him up top when for whatever reason he started running like Albert Steptoe last season

Another winger? Must mean Poleon or Forte is moving on.

The obvious position to recruit is a striker.

Yeah to be fair if we was bringing a replacement in for cassidy up front id expect someone to be leaving. Amd lets be honest poleon hasnt set the world alight wouldnt mind him going if needs must