Players linked with us

They have quite a drastic ban on betting in football now. Nobody involved with football in the top 8 (I think top 8) tiers of English football can do ANY football betting.

So Gordon Lawton isn't allowed to bet on Liverpool finishing in the Top 4. Wayne Rooney isn't allowed to put a quid on Stockport winning on Saturday.

They have quite a drastic ban on betting in football now. Nobody involved with football in the top 8 (I think top 8) tiers of English football can do ANY football betting.

So Gordon Lawton isn't allowed to bet on Liverpool finishing in the Top 4. Wayne Rooney isn't allowed to put a quid on Stockport winning on Saturday.

The ruling is harsh but its only that because certain "professionals" took the piss

Is there anything approaching logic or common sense in that post at all?

He is better than our current striking options, the fee was reported to be around 150k so not a fortune.

I think it would be better to pay one good player 5k a week than three ordinary players 5k between

them.

That logical enough for ya?

He is better than our current striking options, the fee was reported to be around 150k so not a fortune.

I think it would be better to pay one good player 5k a week than three ordinary players 5k between

them.

That logical enough for ya?

None of that is to the point; the point is that you assume that the club should have £150k hanging around, plus £250k per year for three years, just because Notts County have just allegedly paid that out.

Whilst I don't disagree with your point about one good player being more valuable than more lesser players, the fact is that we are more than likely (I think the recent radio phone-in confirms this) going to have to offload players before we can get anyone else in.

But to blithely say 'If they can do it, so can we' is just naive to the extreme.

None of that is to the point; the point is that you assume that the club should have £150k hanging around, plus £250k per year for three years, just because Notts County have just allegedly paid that out.

Whilst I don't disagree with your point about one good player being more valuable than more lesser players, the fact is that we are more than likely (I think the recent radio phone-in confirms this) going to have to offload players before we can get anyone else in.

But to blithely say 'If they can do it, so can we' is just naive to the extreme.

No one may want any of them.

But he's not affordable cause we can't sign a striker before we sell someone...

How do you know he's not affordable? He could be free. Surely Prem clubs like Liverpool are not really that arsed about us covering the wages of their youngsters?