Players linked with us

League clubs linked with kristian Dennis 12 goals in 18 games for Macclesfield whilst on loan from Stockport. Contract is up at the end of the season as well. Wonder if we are one. What do you know of him BP

Not much really, I think he's been with several local clubs in the last few years. Not seen him, but my mates tell me Sefton Gonzales a big fast striker at Clitheroe is worth a look.

He's recently recovered from an injury setback so not in contention at his club at the moment. Fit now but needs games.

He's taller than that.

Ah gotcha.

Watching his goals from last season, he would probably be a decent replacement for Higdon. But I'm slightly sceptical of young target men as their link up play isn't usually developed to the required level. No questioning his physical presence though and he looks fairly quick for a big guy.

Sefton Gonzalez is ex-Droylsden, BP. You might have seen him play before.

Missed seeing him there, but Bloods fans tell me they liked him more than Matt Smith, strange Stockport signed him in July then he went back to Clitheroe in October, maybe some County fans can enlighten us ?

Edited by BP1960

Missed seeing him there, but Bloods fans tell me they liked him more than Matt Smith, strange Stockport signed him in July then he went back to Clitheroe in October, maybe some County fans can enlighten us ?

Stockport are skint, getting rid of players left right and centre.

Should've added it's a loan.

Supposed to be a real talent.

it just seemed strange that he was apparently all set for Barnsley, didn't move in the summer and now he seems to be staying,but is still going out on another loan. Still, it suggests they rate him and want to monitor his development for a bit longer.

• 4 weeks later...

Stockport are skint, getting rid of players left right and centre.

We might be skint but I'm not aware of us getting rid of players left right and centre, we got rid of Gonzales because as hard as he tried he just wasn't up to it, I liked the lad for the effort he put in but he couldn't cut it at conference north level so he won't make it at this level.

Getting back to Dennis, I'd put good money on him getting goals at league level, the lad's a natural, I don't think we can sell him though as he's on a season long loan at Macc but they're as skint as us so a deal could be done which would be a shame because I reckon they could go up if they hold onto him..