Oldham 1 Fleetwood 0

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The atmosphere at home games is unlikely to be anything like the noise we generate at away games until the new North Stand opens and we have settled seating positions. The failure to open the stand for the first home league game is going to cause a lot of moaning and resentment from those moved about. I applaud the RRE supporters who just got on with being moved last year.

Pollen is a problem as I know to my own cost - lets hope he can be an increasing problem for visiting teams!

Pollen is a problem as I know to my own cost - lets hope he can be an increasing problem for visiting teams!

What has Pollen ever done to you? it was his manager's decision to play him on the left,even though he only has a right foot ! :rolleyes:

I sympathise that you suffer from hayfever, but it's not fair to wish it on visiting teams.

Seriously though, the atmosphere might not be great at BP, but after going to Northampton today and hearing them play recorded applause over the tannoy for substitutions, I can say it could definitely be worse.

The first half was poor - the defence played like they'd not seen a football before in the first 20 minutes and we were lucky that Fleetwood couldn't shoot/Coleman played a blinder. But how many times have you come away from BP saying "we were all over them, should have had 5, and they get one chance and score"?? So it's nice to be on the other end of that for once.

The second half was an improvement, with a little better ball retention and some actual attacking intent. Croft was his usual self, loads of energy but end product lacking. Jones was one of the worst performers for me though - terrible distribution - I just hope it's a case of getting his sharpness back after being out.

Poleon wasn't as bad as some are making out. For a right footer on the left, it's always difficult.

A bit nerve wracking at the end with the penalty box pinball, but we managed to hold on to the points. I'll take it, obviously, but there's some serious improvement to be done if we're going to have anything other than the usual season of looking over our shoulders.

A big shout must go to the catering "facilities" which managed to run out of pretty much everything just as the half time whistle went in the RRE. It's bad enough there's only one food outlet for roughly two thousand people, but at last have things to sell. Cretins.

A big shout must go to the catering "facilities" which managed to run out of pretty much everything just as the half time whistle went in the RRE. It's bad enough there's only one food outlet for roughly two thousand people, but at last have things to sell. Cretins.

Them bastards.