Manager Phone in on Radio Manchester: Monday 6pm

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Corney is, or ever has been, as well off as many Latics fans seem to think.

Agreed, and I don't think he's ever represented himself as the 'money man'.

However, he's still a step up from where most of us are likely to reach without a lottery win.

If you won millions on the lottery, how many of you would spend some on the club, how much would you spend and how long do you think it would be before some fans turned on you?

I reckon i'd need to have about £10 million pa spare so i could pick and choose which fans i'd let in....Wow, think how many could you could ban just for being miserbale. Think about it - 'hey, miserable moaning bastards in the Main Stand. OUT! Piss off. Go and get yer pie from Greggs. Happy fans only allowed.' I'd only need the new north stand (and i could afford to put money in the meter).

If you won millions on the lottery, how many of you would spend some on the club, how much would you spend and how long do you think it would be before some fans turned on you?

I reckon i'd need to have about £10 million pa spare so i could pick and choose which fans i'd let in....Wow, think how many could you could ban just for being miserbale. Think about it - 'hey, miserable moaning bastards in the Main Stand. OUT! Piss off. Go and get yer pie from Greggs. Happy fans only allowed.' I'd only need the new north stand (and i could afford to put money in the meter).

Conversely, I'd ban anybody that's too positive.

Id probably leave SC or who ever is at the helm in charge and buy myself on the board by setting a easy to run business and sponsering seats and players shirts for ridiculously large amounts to get round FFP on the understanding that money gets spent on players and wages only!

All my contributions would be anonymous, wouldn't want the grief. I can't understand anyone who waives anonymity for their win.

i've always assumed that they do that so that the object of their affections who turned them down would know what they missed out on

Id probably leave SC or who ever is at the helm in charge and buy myself on the board by setting a easy to run business and sponsering seats and players shirts for ridiculously large amounts to get round FFP on the understanding that money gets spent on players and wages only!

I wouldn't even go for a seat on the board; who needs the abuse? For me it would be a lifelong all-access season ticket for however many millions I could spare on splashing out.

In the pipe dream of all pipe dreams where I win £100m on the EuroMillions (that I don't actually play...) I'd buy the ground and pay for it to be done up. New chaddy end, sort out the main stand, tart up the RRE. Nice snazzy scoreboards and the like. And then I'd say to the club that I've done all this for you, you can use the ground free of charge, just pay the upkeep costs. Any money you make is yours to spend on running the club... Now you've got a start, don't f*** it up.

Obviously on the condition that Bazza can no longer be on the board.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

In the pipe dream of all pipe dreams where I win £100m on the EuroMillions (that I don't actually play...) I'd buy the ground and pay for it to be done up. New chaddy end, sort out the main stand, tart up the RRE. Nice snazzy scoreboards and the like. And then I'd say to the club that I've done all this for you, you can use the ground free of charge, just pay the upkeep costs. Any money you make is yours to spend on running the club... Now you've got a start, don't f*** it up.

Obviously on the condition that Bazza can no longer be on the board.

But we need a new striker......

It'd have to a be a colossal win for me to put some the way of the club...say 30m... I've always imagined I'd subsidise season tickets to the point they're free for people who've had one in the last 20 years and dirt cheap for any one else who wants one. Any left over would go to local kids. All local school kids would get a free shirt.