James Tarkowski

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As decent a player as he is, the thing that struck with me while watching Tarkowski was an alarming lack of any pace.

I remember Glenn Murray coming to BP with Brighton and giving him a 2 yard start over about 20 yards and beating him hands down.

I know he has plenty more to his game than that, it just really stuck with me.

As decent a player as he is, the thing that struck with me while watching Tarkowski was an alarming lack of any pace.

I remember Glenn Murray coming to BP with Brighton and giving him a 2 yard start over about 20 yards and beating him hands down.

I know he has plenty more to his game than that, it just really stuck with me.

They used to say that about Bobby Moore, but he did ok at top level.

True, he is still a good player, but that really surprised me as Glenn Murray is hardly renowned as a speed merchant and he left him for dead.

Glenn Murray wouldn't leave him for dead now though

Edited by BP1960

Maybe we settled for 10% for more money if they got promoted.

From the Chron in February 20014:

"Athletic says the fee for Tarkowski - officially undisclosed - is far more than the £150,000 reported in some papers last week. Part of the fee is thought to be dependent on Brentford moving up to the Championship. A sell-on clause has been incorporated, Lee Johnson has confirmed."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/84436/tarky-talks-over-latics-loan-return

Not much difference if we sold him on the cheap!

There can be quite a difference. 20% of the fee would be a one off payment of 20% of how much Brentford sell him for. 20% of profit applies to any future profit Brentford make on him, (e.g. If they have a sell on clause with Burnley and Burnley sell Tarky to a bigger club in the future, we'll get 20% of the percentage of the sell on fee which Brentford get, and if that clause is also a percentage of profit, then if he again gets sold from that big club to another club, we'll get money from that too.

That's how Rochdale and Stockport both got fees when Liverpool signed Rickie Lambert from Southampton, because Rochdale got a cut of Bristol Rovers' sell on fee which they negotiated when they sold him to Southampton, and then Stockport got a cut of what Rochdale received.