Bury 1-1 Oldham

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great performance that, best of the season so far. Should have won, before they scored Jones missed a great chance then James Wilson (I know he's a centre half) but has to score that 1 on 1. That put's us 2-0 and it's game over.

They score, then we have another golden chance with the new lad from Leicester who again should score.

Massive improvement that though, can't fault the team. Thought Dunn was absolutely quality, bit dosey a couple of times but his passing/vision is a class above league 1.

Away end was wild first half...

Listened to it on BBC manc, end to end game second half, Andy Ritchie commenting too with another chap and both said they thoroughly enjoyed the match.

Sounded like we should have killed them off with the Wilson chance, but they went back up and equalised.

I said I would take a point before the game and it sounded like an improved goal tempt performance too...so I'll take it we are 10th, unbeaten and Barnsley got stuff too...heheh.

Edited by underdog

Should have won that comfortably. Credit to the manager, there's only so much you can do, it's up to the players to finish their chances.

Some of our fans are embarrassing. No doubt there will be many closer to the first half incidents but, for starters, the weapons chucking bottles at the police have no excuse.

Just go to the game, get behind the team and behave yourself. Some will have no doubt been caught up in it or mistaken for a troublemaker but it certainly seemed to escalate unnecessarily.

Jones, Wilson and SS missed sitters. All three should have gone in.

Best Croft has played this season.

At some point, Brown is going to give away a penalty, and it will cost us, but he never learns.

I really didn't think there was anything wrong with the challenges he made in the area today.

Thought we probably just edged it, but can't complain with a draw. We should've scored more, but they could've had a couple of pens too. Dieng, Wilson, Croft played well. Dunn showed moments of class. Forte better. Jones needs to play centrally, and Brown - despite lots of positive work - doesn't half give me the jitters.

Dunn a class above. Croft so much more positive today. Could and should have been more - had so many more chances than them, and it felt like the goal was their only meaningful shot.

Does Pope always score against us? Feels that way.

Jones isn't a winger, don't play him there. Yeates and Stan didn't particularly impress when they came on - too many loose passes.

Best we've played since Walsall, but you have to be getting 3 points when you dominate.