New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people on here seemingly have a lot of time on their hands. Get back to work and stop attention seeking.

Absolutely . Now you have drawn our attention to it ....could the non retired on here please get back to work immediately....we retired members are relying on you for our gold plated index linked public sector pensions:)

Isn't the comparison between someone who was wrongly convicted of rape and someone who was convicted of tax evasion. BUT the point is both are now, or should be, regarded as free of the slur of the conviction - one not guilty and the other 'served his time'. So why is everyone so excited now about either of these past events.

What matters is that we get a manager who can put a team together in the short time available. Evans, if he comes, appears to be a man that could so support him - support your club.

To which I'd respond "how about an overturned conviction of rape?" But I honestly don't want to go around in circles about Ched Evans again.

Each to their own and I can understand why people view Ched as being worse, but Steve is worse in my view. They're at least in a similar bracket in my eyes and I wish my club had nothing to do with either of them.

If we had signed Ched before his conviction was overturned there's a very strong chance that I would've cut emotional ties with the club in it's current form. The more I think about it, hiring Steve would put me in a similar position.

Out of curiosity, did you cut emotional ties with the club when we employed Lee Hughes for a number of years?

Out of curiosity, did you cut emotional ties with the club when we employed Lee Hughes for a number of years?

Fair question and yes, I didn't stop supporting the club. Although by the end of it I wished we hadn't gone through it at all and that we didn't do it again (which we look like doing now).

I'll admit that my views on the issue have changed since the Hughes saga, partly because of it but also because what I value in a football club has changed as I've got older. Winning at all costs was more important to me as a youngster, now the club is more to me than that.

Leeds fans under the impression he is contracted there until end of June

Aren't manager's contracts the same as players, where they run from 1st July to 30th June? If so, I assume that he and the club would agree that he be paid up to that date as a sort of severance deal. Of course, I could be way off the mark.

Guilty forever on here. May as well just kill anyone that ever commits a crime. Rehabilitation isn't possible and being a football manager is the most important job in the world on a par with looking after the vulnerable and children.

Its tax fraud, he didn't mug an old lady, kill someone or rape anyone.

He will be working in football. Is football some kind of example of virtue all of a sudden? Where you have to be a shining example of a model citizen to work in it?

So we wouldn't have had Harry Redknapp and if Messi pitches up here wanting a game, he can :censored: off. We wont go and watch Jimmy Carr at a concert. We wont use that plumber or electrician that commits tax fraud every day of the week?

Jesus.

Got to be Paul Weller. Paul Daniels is dead - sorry to break the news so harshly...

Paul Daniels believed in the racial superiority of the aristocracy. He thought they were naturally more intelligent than everyone else and they should govern the country. Now, that's a real crime.

BOOOO. No more references to Paul Daniels or i'm ripping up my season ticket!!!!

Paul Daniels believed in the racial superiority of the aristocracy. He thought they were naturally more intelligent than everyone else and they should govern the country. Now, that's a real crime.

BOOOO. No more references to Paul Daniels or i'm ripping up my season ticket!!!!

not a lot of people know that...

I like that, not a lot, but I like that