New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aslong as you send Winchester up tandle hills everyday and feed him on a diet of raw red meat to make him a lean mean fighting machine then do what you want.

Yes, but i might have to have an oxygen tank on call. I can't see him managing without one.

Odds is a bit strange on this one. When that tweet came out about an interview, very quickly O'Driscoll's odds came flying in. Yet Westley has been talked about for a while now this afternoon and odds only just appeared, still longer than O'Driscoll.

Clutching at straws as I'd rather have SOD than Westley.

Westley would be a sensible, if slightly underwhelming, choice.

Lower league record is OK and decent at Stevenage but not done so well at our level. Seems to sign a lot of his previously managed players and been sacked several times.

Not my choice but in our situation we haven't much time to be picky!

Lower league record is OK and decent at Stevenage but not done so well at our level. Seems to sign a lot of his previously managed players and been sacked several times.

Not my choice but in our situation we haven't much time to be picky!

He got Stevenage into the playoffs in his first season in League one didn't he?

Westley has a track record of bringing in players quickly.

From Wikipedia;

Stevenage Westley started by completely overhauling the squad in the summer transfer window and brought in no fewer than twelve players in an attempt to mount a serious Conference Premier title challenge.

Preston North End

Signed 18 players during the summer transfer window.

Edited by BP1960

Westley was despised at Preston and didn't half piss some players off. His style of football at Stevenage was dire and was awful at Peterborough after a brilliant start. Bristol City fans hated O'Driscoll's football and couldn't wait to get rid of him. So I'm not decided about those two. Maybe I'm favouring Robins but I'll support whoever it is.

He tried to merge Farnborough with Kingstonian over the objections of both sets of fans.

Forced an FA Cup tie to move from Farnborough to Arsenal for the money, then left shortly after.

Loves buzzwords and gibberish - renamed Farnborough's ground to the AIMITA Stadium ("Attitude Is More Important Than Ability"). As the BBC stated, he comes across as more of a middle manager than a football manager.

Famous for his man management skills - texting players and accusing them of leaking tactics.

I don't like his style or what he's tried to do in the past and I don't think he's right for us.

Edited by Crusoe

Westley was despised at Preston and didn't half piss some players off. His style of football at Stevenage was dire and was awful at Peterborough after a brilliant start. Bristol City fans hated O'Driscoll's football and couldn't wait to get rid of him. So I'm not decided about those two. Maybe I'm favouring Robins but I'll support whoever it is.

O'Driscoll didn't do well at all with Bristol City or Walsall but he had a reputation for attractive and winning football at Bournemouth and Doncaster. He got sacked from Forest with them on the fringes of the playoffs too which was odd. I wouldn't like Westley to be in charge but I could tolerate him if we were getting results. Out of the two I'd prefer O'Driscoll.

I've become really twitter obsessed over this new manager hunt. Really not healthy. Anyway, latest from Alan Nixon who does seem to carry a decent amount of credibility...

"Oldham. Speaking to an experienced boss today. May get him if deal ok. Could do a lot worse"

My guess would be Mark Robins.

don't want that tosser but that's my opinion

Odds is a bit strange on this one. When that tweet came out about an interview, very quickly O'Driscoll's odds came flying in. Yet Westley has been talked about for a while now this afternoon and odds only just appeared, still longer than O'Driscoll.

Clutching at straws as I'd rather have SOD than Westley.

Rather have ronnie than Westley