Doncaster Rovers vs Oldham Athletic

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to side-track from the positive nature of the thread - I don't usually take much notice of who the officials are for forthcoming games but we've got Andy Woolmer in charge on Saturday who I think was the absolute bulb in charge of a home game against Sheffield United a couple of years back.

That is unusual.

It's Darren Kelly's to lose though. He even has a proven track record, OK, proven to be a could of steps to far in his career, but prove record nonetheless.

Not sure a pleasing and willing personality is one of the top attributes of a manager, but clearly is important or they would not have mentioned it.

They'll be inundated with spoof applications though, surely.

And how many realistic applicants will they get that did not know about the vacancy in the first place?

Edited by singe

DRFC Away @drfc_away 3h3 hours ago

@OfficialOAFC fans can purchase tickets on the day at Doncaster on Saturday from the soccer centre #OAFC #Latics

DRFC Away ‏@drfc_away 3h3 hours ago

@OfficialOAFC fans are welcome in the Belle Vue Bar which is located outside the West Stand #OAFC #Latics

That is unusual.

It's Darren Kelly's to lose though. He even has a proven track record, OK, proven to be a could of steps to far in his career, but prove record nonetheless.

Not sure a pleasing and willing personality is one of the top attributes of a manager, but clearly is important or they would not have mentioned it.

They'll be inundated with spoof applications though, surely.

And how many realistic applicants will they get that did not know about the vacancy in the first place?

How many applicants will be clients of this company?

https://www.sportcareers.co.uk/case-study

Anyone know of any pubs nearby who will have footy on, i fancy taking in chelsea v arsenal beforehand?

A personal favourite (as I grew up in Doncaster) is the Tut'n'Shive in town. Not far to walk from the train station and taxis nearby to get to the ground. Good booze, great jukebox and they show football too.

Not sure about near the ground as that was all wasteland when I were a lad.

We really are short on strikers and I've not been impressed with Stan. Wonder if Dunn is thinking of putting Philliskirk back up there?

As the poster above also asked, is Kelly fit - it's key that is he is, and should he be, i'd opt for Winchester & Jones alongside too.

Joel Coleman

Richard Eckersley - James Wilson - Jonathan Burn - Joseph Mills

Liam Kelly

Mike Jones - Carl Winchester

Lee Croft Mark Yeates

Danny Philliskirk / Stan

Edited by sjk2008

Philliskirk needs to make one position home.

It's useful for us to have a versatile lad like him, but he'll go nowhere in his career without pinning down a regular spot.

Thought he may have got that consistency from Kelly putting him in centre mid, but I envisage him being a jack of all trades again under Dunn.

I'm risking my reputation, but despite his poor start here I'd say O'Connell will play regularly at a higher level within a couple of years.

I'd be in agreement. I actually felt he made more mistakes because he seemed one of the only players to be actually making an effort last Saturday, didn't shy away which is good on his part.