Port Vale v Oldham

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd prefer rapid improvement.

Are you saying we should wait a while before trying to be good at football?

"Calm down lads, let's not be winning games yet. Let's wait til Christmas. Or beyond."

This post has all the urgency of a Danny Philliskirk 90 minutes.

We've been trying to be good at football for 20 years without success...Dunn's been here 2 months and managed for 2 games.

We'd all prefer rapid improvement but looking at this team over the first few games it was painfully obvious we weren't good enough.

All I'm saying is give this guy some time and I'm sure he'll have us climbing the table.

It'll be the same team again providing Burn is ok. I notice he isn't saying that he would like to bring in another 2 or 3 as he was last week. All the spare budget must have gone on Higdon. DD is talking about getting people out again, but can't for months.

At some point we have to go from trying to be hard to beat to an up and at them side. I look forward to that moment but can't see it happening any time soon unless we manage to nick a couple of wins to give the management and players more confidence. Had Brown not made an error with the throw in we would probably have come away depressed from a 0 0 draw. Hoping the opposition scores so that our team can start to play is not where I want to be!

Poleon and Higdon up front, Croft on the right, Yeates on the left and two from four in midfield (Kelly, Jones, Winchester, Fulton).

Would just be interested to see width and two up front on the attack (442 I guess) with Poleon tracking out left with Yeates coming into the middle when defending to support the fullbacks (451).

Just width, crosses, two up front in the middle to get on the end with the aim of converting and boosting that shots on target figure.

At some point we have to go from trying to be hard to beat to an up and at them side. I look forward to that moment but can't see it happening any time soon unless we manage to nick a couple of wins to give the management and players more confidence. Had Brown not made an error with the throw in we would probably have come away depressed from a 0 0 draw. Hoping the opposition scores so that our team can start to play is not where I want to be!

Unfortunately all the coaching manual these days are titled -

"How not to lose" , previously it was "How to win"

Somebody posted earlier that you can only play to the strengths of the squad !!!

The problem is that managers sign these players with the negative tactics in mind when they do.

They sign squad players that will fit into a 451 or 4321 or whatever negative variation they decide to play that week.

Get back to old fashion 442 and let other teams worry about us ,

550 Advance tickets sold according the website throw another 2-300 pay on the day should be a decent tonight under the lights.

Here's hoping we score more than 1 goal and win 2-0

Bollocks have we sold 550. There will 400 max there tonight Edited by NIKI1234

550 Advance tickets sold according the website throw another 2-300 pay on the day should be a decent tonight under the lights.

Here's hoping we score more than 1 goal and win 2-0

550 advanced tickets were available to buy, they said.

Edited by dec666

I am not a fan of Brown either BUT:

1. A lot happened after Brown threw the ball in (poorly) and the goal ought to have been prevented.

2. Nobody is giving him credit for winning the header that led to our goal.

Just giving a bit of balance.

Edited by Stainrod