barnsley

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he'd seen the job through he'd have got it.

This.

It's easy to say with hindsight that none of the parties concerned have benefitted from Johnson leaving us for them. But I strongly believed at the time that seeing the season out with us and getting us a top half finish (not even playoffs) would've put him in line for an obvious step up and he would've left here with the blessing of the fans.

Leaving at the time he did to a club that wasn't an obvious step up at the time was hard to swallow and helped send us on a downward spiral that exacerbated the instability we've had this calendar year.

Tbf, even tho I know I know he didnt 'do the dirty' on us, Im still going to give him absolute dogs abuse on saturday.

I fell hook, line and sinker for the Johnson patter, my opinion now is, short arse judas :censored:, and as such he will receive both barrels again on Saturday.

I know we will never know, but I would love to hear an honest answer from him to the question "do you regret leaving"

It'll be a no

He's clearly got no room for sentiment and his pocket is significantly thicker in Barnsley. If he gets sacked he'll get a massive windfall.

"Fire up the Powerpoint" when we go 2-0 up...

Someone needs to knock up some songs about Bomb Alley, Corridor of Confusion etc.......

I can only think of genesis "land of confusion...." But there some apt words in there. And bomb alley, I can only think of 10 German bombers in the air...

Dread to think what we could up with for "Pomo"...anyone?

Edited by underdog

I always found it odd that anyone who wants to play football 'the right way' would put POMO or Position Of Maximum Opportunity on their presentation. It was the brainchild of Charles Hughes, born in 1929, who coached England between 1964 and 1974. It was criticised for being a 'long ball' type of game, because he believed a goal should be scored in 3 passes or fewer by getting the ball into a POMO as quickly as possible.

Unless they just pinched the phrase, because it looks good on a PowerPoint presentation.

I always found it odd that anyone who wants to play football 'the right way' would put POMO or Position Of Maximum Opportunity on their presentation. It was the brainchild of Charles Hughes, born in 1929, who coached England between 1964 and 1974. It was criticised for being a 'long ball' type of game, because he believed a goal should be scored in 3 passes or fewer by getting the ball into a POMO as quickly as possible.

Unless they just pinched the phrase, because it looks good on a PowerPoint presentation.

'Bull:censored: baffles brains' I was advised many years ago, He was correct

Kevin Long just signed for Baaarnsley on loan from Burnley. Might make his debut along with Aidy White....is it better to play against a new defensive unit who haven't played together before or a settled back 4 who've lost 8 in a row?

I think that this strategy coupled with signing 2 out of contract players last week signifies that Judas is starting to panic.

Long seems highly rated by the Dale fans where he played on loan but might have been brought in to bully Higdon who I hope that we dont start with. He looks a tall lad and Barnsley fans seem to worry about balls on the deck. I would start Poleon with Rasulo just behind him to see if they struggle with that speed.

I dont think that the 'settled back 4' matters. It seems to be the lack of a plan B that gets most complaints on the Barnsley forums.

So let me summarise :

disliked ex Latics manager returns to BP (sod this Sports Direct cobblers )

they are on a run of eight defeats

they have an unsettled back four with a couple of new additions

We have a fortress BP home record to protect .

Golly gosh - this is a difficult one

When he appears.......sing the Long note "Hi ho" with hand gestures. Like "Andy Ritchie's magic..." But with something more appropriate that rhymes with banker.

Then "Hi ho, hi ho, The Barnsley dwarf we know

Little Lee Jonson, the greedy one

Hi ho, hi ho, hi ho. ..." Repeat and repeat...

So let me summarise :

disliked ex Latics manager returns to BP (sod this Sports Direct cobblers )

they are on a run of eight defeats

they have an unsettled back four with a couple of new additions

We have a fortress BP home record to protect .

Golly gosh - this is a difficult one

I know anyone with an ounce of sanity will be getting their cash on an away win.