Ritchie Wellens

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunny must think we have too much pace in midfield! We will be lightning fast on the break with Wellens

Guile & nouse over pace is what we've been been missing since Harkins...

Sadly, pace only seems to come with a defective football brain at this level....

If he holds the ball up for more than 5 seconds it will be an improvement, if he's half as good as Shez ( and his legs were :censored:ed ) he'll do for me.

He'll still be capable of hitting the slide rule passes and taking the set pieces and with Kelly in his defensive role mopping up behind we'll be a more balanced side.

Exactly. Plenty of players do do the running while Wellens puts his foot on the ball and pings it about.

Although I imagine he won't be able to carry it as far as Winchester can he'll be able to keep the ball in a similar manner and won't be wasting any passes. That'll be massive for us.

We've been crying out for this kind of player for years.

I still wish it was Dunn that'd be doing it though :lol:

Edited by HarryBosch

Good move for Wellens ....no drive to Donny everyday.....8 years is a long time, if he's still got the desire, it could work because he definitely has the brain.....Pretty sure he got frustrated playing alongside some of the players we had back then....god knows how he'll cope with this lot!

Edited by lookersgeez

Twice the player of Wellens stands on the sidelines every week, "managing".

Great point! I don't know if Dunn has kept himself fit and how good wellens is now but in my head is love to see

Coleman

Mills. Wilson. Wilson. Dieng

Wellens Dunn.

Winchester Jones

Philliskirk

Higdon