Ritchie Wellens

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait for the first "his legs have gone"!

He's 35 and a bit-part player at a team a couple of places above us in a wank division. Can't imagine it's too far off the mark.

He was a legend when he was here but I'd be lying if I said I was bowled over this time round.

Desperation. We've got good midfielders not getting a look in/being played incorrectly. Suprised Corney has sanctioned it.

He's 35 and a bit-part player at a team a couple of places above us in a wank division. Can't imagine it's too far off the mark.

He was a legend when he was here but I'd be lying if I said I was bowled over this time round.

Desperation. We've got good midfielders not getting a look in/being played incorrectly. Suprised Corney has sanctioned it.

If we did have good midfielders we wouldn't be in this mess....we need leaders and bullies who can look after themselves and dominate a game Winchester has talent but it's not enough he's weak in mind and body and Jones has been inconsistent and is a little injury prone.

Kelly and Wellens will be a good balance....all we need now is Forte and Cassidy to come back and make the runs and I think / hope we'll improve.

The fact is he's whats needed to bring stability to the midfield, along with Kelly, Jones and Yeats we wont be rolled over as has happened recently.

We have to steady the ship so to speak.

Get a keeper and a boss central defender and I'll be a bit happier.

Keeper

Dummigan - Wilson - Boss CB - Mills

Kelly

Yeates - Jones - Wellens - Forte

Cassidy

In view of this signing there's only one answer to the Boss CB dilemma.

On a more serious note, this is surely worth the risk isn't it? It might be my memory playing tricks, but we've re-signed the person who had the most influence over any Latics team in the last 10 years. That team in Shez's first season is the last one that had my total confidence and Wellens was the heartbeat of that side. If he's lost it then, oh well, we're hardly worse off than if we'd not given it a try. If he's still got something then he could lead us out of the bottom 4. Maybe even to the dizzy heights of 15th.

Wellens is of course welcome even if he is only half the player he was but the problem is with player acquisitions, direction and coaching. What this side needs, has needed all season is a strong leader at CB. You know it, I know it but players have been added in every position apart from CB.

If he holds the ball up for more than 5 seconds it will be an improvement, if he's half as good as Shez ( and his legs were :censored:ed ) he'll do for me.

He'll still be capable of hitting the slide rule passes and taking the set pieces and with Kelly in his defensive role mopping up behind we'll be a more balanced side.

Dunny must think we have too much pace in midfield! We will be lightning fast on the break with Wellens

He won't need to be quick just so long as the strikers/wide players are on his wave length. If he's still reasonably fit he will keep Winchester out of the side for sure!