Should Dunn be sacked immediately?

Should dunn be sacked immediately?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Should dunn be sacked immediately?

• Yes
    • No

Players are a big problem.

They need to look at TPs youth team, not all will make the grade, but a great example of sheer commitment.

Midfielder Jake Hargreaves for example hadn't played for 10 weeks due to injury but gave it absolutely everything, a good little player too who I'd be bringing into the first team squad on merit.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day it is down to the style of football that we play, not only do we loose but we play this poor boring ticy tacky football that has no excitment and no end product. A few managers that have been mentioned are of that same mind. Rosler was sacked at Leeds because of that type of boring loosing football. We need a manager who wants to attack the opposition with wingers and attacking midfielders, At least if we do loose we have had a go and entertained. I voted to keep Dunn but he has to change his tactics. because the reason players go missing is because they are to defensive side ways and backwards, Taking care of the ball I think they call it. Well lets see them kick the :censored: out of the ball and have some shots on target. We can accept players loosing the ball sometimes if they are taking the opposition on and trying to get forward. Players are afraid to take the defenders on these days. Whilste the board should not interfear with the manager and his team training or selection, they should get the manager in and say this is not good enough we need entertainment if you cant deliver we will get someone who can. In any other business senior management meet with middle management and tell them what is expected. So Simon needs to get Dunn in tell him what is expected of him his back room staff and the team and say 6 games we want improvement or we will have to make changes. Its no good changing a manager unless he is going to give us a diffrent style of football because this style is driving the fans away and has been for some time now.

Just listened to the post-match interview. Good grief.

Surely the following will rank alongside Clough and Shankly with the great managerial quotes:

Did you sense at any time Oldham was going to get anything out of it or rescue that?

I thought, y'know what, in a football game you're always gonna, you always got a chance, y'know, even tonight, y'know, we've got erm, you're always, you've got the boxing on tonight, you're always gonna, y'know, you're certainly in that, y'know you're always gonna have a puncher's chance of doing it and doing something and getting something out of the game. I mean it was so very flat. Very flat.'

Edited by jsslatic

I am afraid he is way out of his depth and I think he might be realising that with that interview.

Saturdays performance was not far off the worst I have seen in 48 years :censored: journey to get there and back and most of the team backed out of tackles and why were Crewe players picking up the second ball every time and they looked stronger fitter and up for a fight.

Still its a part of the roller coaster of supporting Latics on the way back started to organise the next trip because that's what we do .

As for the abuse they had cant really blame anyone it has been coming hopefully that now out of the everyone's system.

Its easy to be so restrained when you sit at home as a fan, try sitting through it after grafting all week to pay for the privilege, it tends to wear thin after a while.

tbf youd already starting moaning before paying for the privilege, especially were Dunn is concerened :)

Its easy to be so restrained when you sit at home as a fan, try sitting through it after grafting all week to pay for the privilege, it tends to wear thin after a while.

If it gets you so mad that you feel the need to hurl abuse at people then don't go, find something else to do.

I certainly don't want to sit side by side with you lot at the moment.

If it gets you so mad that you feel the need to hurl abuse at people then don't go, find something else to do.

I certainly don't want to sit side by side with you lot at the moment.

I don't agree with fans throwing abuse at the team but I respect the fans right to boo if they want too, it amuses me how people on here who call these fans knuckle draggers and neanderthals are falling into the same trap of our disgruntled fans, its okay to call your fellow tics but don't call the players? Its all a bit ironic for me.

'Well, y'know, erm, be tough lads, erm, I mean, we've got to, y'know, erm, be tough. I mean, it's X factor tonight, they've got a chance, so, erm, we've got a chance. Simon Cowell is tough, so, y'know, it's poor.'

Edited by jsslatic

I don't agree with fans throwing abuse at the team but I respect the fans right to boo if they want too, it amuses me how people on here who call these fans knuckle draggers and neanderthals are falling into the same trap of our disgruntled fans, its okay to call your fellow tics but don't call the players? Its all a bit ironic for me.

Booed for the first time in 25 years the other week. I never have shouted abuse at the players all though I may have a moan to my dad who sits next to me until Cornell got beaten in the air and something along the lines of " how are you not catching that you :censored: :censored:" came out. Most of it is pure frustration and when we're seeing what we are I can understand why those who go every game home and away are as angry as they are. I'm lucky I only go home with the odd away managed

This bit chimes with me a bit, I can understand his frustration, and the first time I have had a bit of empathy with Dunn.

He can only kick them so far, he needs them. But he needs them to realise they may not have much of a career.

Their coast down from motivated under Johnson to not now is alarming, but maybe just not the right calibre. It was a home of the unloved rather than solid pros.

Difficult, we cannot carry on like this for the next 10 League games till the transfer window shuts, so he does not have much wirrgle room.

So changed will be made. Be interesting what and whom.

Adnw e can't really afford to pay off 10 or more players and recruit another 10.

“I've played with people who are nasty in the dressing room and as much as you might not like them on the pitch, they turn up on a Saturday. We’ve got nice lads who perhaps like the idea of being a footballer, but maybe don’t know what it really takes.

“They’ll coast through League One, and maybe next year they’ll be in League Two. Before you know it you’re out of the game.”

That is a stark warning for some of Athletic’s recent underachievers, several of whom are set to find themselves out of the team for the FA Cup second round tie at Sheffield United on Saturday.

Frustrated Dunn added: “Maybe I’ve tried to protect people long enough now. There will be changes next week, that’s for sure"

Edited by singe

Leaving aside abuse and what happens next I voted Yes.

It is a difficult one because I believe we have reached the tipping point (prozac) both for our players and the supporters. It is I believe the club that the players are not playing for rather than Dunn but I don't think our inexperienced manager has a clue about how to change this.

We have had a very bad 2015. The players have had a very bad 2015.

Looking at results Kelly got 7 from 7. I'm not sure Peterborough was his loss because I'm sure he was pressured into playing 4 4 2 and everybody knew he was going and the players just gave up so it could be 7 from 6.

You sack a manager because he takes the blame for the results. You sack a manager because you think the new guy will do better. Dunn the new guy has done worse with 12 from 13.

The in season signings under Kelly, but not necessarily by him, of Burn, Gunning, Yeates, Stankevicius and O'Connell sort of made sense as we didn't, still haven't, solved the centre back problem and we lost Cassidy and Forte. Whatever you make of the Dunn signings of Eckersley, Dummigan, Lafferty, Fulton, Higdon, Fuller, Rasulo and Wellens they clearly tell the contracted players in those positions that they are not good enough. This activity has not resulted in any improvement - in fact we are going the other way having lost three in a row. So not only has Dunn failed to get more out of what Kelly had, he has also failed to get more out of what Kelly had with the addition of eight loan players (correct me if there are more).

Sorry David this was the wrong time for you and I hope it doesn't blight your career but it is time to go. Go and get some coaching experience, learn by the side of an experienced manager but don't stay and take us into league 2.

What's the point in getting an experienced assistant, may as well get an experienced manager in the 1st place.

We have Dunn, Holden & Brown and a goalkeeping coach. TP looks after the youth along with a couple of assistants.

What's Brown doing now that Holden already couldn't do because we have yet to see any improvement in the play.

Sell Kelly and Forte to finance a Dowie return because I'm sure he could do much better with what's left it would give the club a massive lift and would have an immediate effect on attendances.

It should have happened at the start of the season and would only take 200 or 300 extra fans coming through the turnstiles to fund it, the way we're going we'll lose another 2 or 3 hundred by May and dread to think what the crowds will be next season!