Should Dunn be sacked immediately?

Should dunn be sacked immediately?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Should dunn be sacked immediately?

• Yes
    • No

I never really understand why players wouldn't make an effort. I get why, if low on confidence, they play within themselves and daren't risk a difficult pass.

But the idea a professional footballer doesn't make an effort because of the manager is hard to understand for me. They only have a limited number of years in the game but they're willing to waste 1 or 2 because of the guy(s) in charge? Madness. They won't get a better offer from elsewhere and they won't be appreciated by the fans of the club they're at.

Not saying it isn't the case or that it doesn't happen, but it's bizarre if it does.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted he should go but the players have to take some responsibility did David Dunn turn round to the players and say tactics today lads go out lose 1-0 and don't create any chances. Throwing the kids in in this situation could do us more damage we need battle hardened graters in this situation.

Edited by GlossopLatic

'The players aren't playing for Dunn' is total garbage. It shouldn't matter if they want his babies or think he's the devil incarnate, they're meant to be professionals and should be putting it in regardless of who the manager is. If they aren't then come January they can look do one and give it 100% for their new club, providing they like the manager obviously.

It's not garbage it's reality. What you expect is how the world should be but often isn't. The churn in football means player loyalties are at an all time low. They know their next contract is only around the corner. They are generally too ill educated (and advised poorly by agents) and too short minded to realise if they were more loyal and professional to clubs they would have more rewarding careers.

Agents desire to constantly move players around to get the most for them in new deals is killing football and player loyalty.

I voted he should go but the players have to take some responsibility did David Dunn turn round to the players and say tactics today lads go out lose 1-0 and don't create any chances. Throwing the kids in in this situation could do us more damage we need battle hardened graters in this situation.

My point is for 3 games on the bounce he has said certain players are hiding. If he knows who they are why is he still playing them?

I am referring to what he has at his current disposal with which hardened grafters aren't. An enthusiastic youth would embarrass some of the performances of the 'pro's recently' and I doubt fans would be so hard on them.

Those, like me, who are concerned about sacking another manager can cast a glance in Halifax direction. List count but 4th manager in a out 6th months, including a certain D Kelly. They've appointed a certain experience Jim Harvey and just won 4-2 and 4-1 on the bounce.

I feel an experienced manager can get a lot more out of this bunch.

Did someone tell Dunn when he took the job that he could make 20 signings in January? He has brought in around 8 players many of them dont improve us, he keeps coming out with this hiding excuse yet plays the same players as Tuesday the only change being the reintroduction of Conman Brown, the bench the bench yesterday looked arguably stronger than the 11 on the pitch so whats the problem?

My feeling is this bunch of players largely dont respond well to critisim, it is after all the home for the unloved, but Dunns biggest problem for me was ostracizing a large number of his squad by letting everyone know they are not good enough, he still continues to do it in post match interviews despite it having such a negative effect on the morale.

Why in a team struggling do the likes of Jones and Winchester not get any game time? He wont endear himself to the fans who voted them players of the season last year especially when the players replacing them are basically wank, its not like we are creating anything or even grinding out wins with your Fultons and your Philliskirks.

Dunn along with Brown and Holden should step aside they are an embarrasment to the club, Dunn and Holden have created this unforgivable mess by failing to back there previous boss to suit there own selfish agendas, the players have seen this so are unlikely to back a pair who effectively lost a man a career before it started, Dunn can hardly have any complaints if the players play in the same manner when the going gets tough as he did under Kelly.

Sounds like a change might have to be made, improvement does not seem tangible and fans are in no mood to wait.

Sadly I agree.

I feel for Dunn to an extent as, similar to Kelly, he's not really had much time to prove his worth. Not many managers can make a lot of difference in 9 or 15 games.

But while the fans have been patient with Dickov and Johnson in the last few years due to the club being generally stable off the pitch, this year has been one where the trust from the fans has been wearing thin due to the poor decisions from above. Dunn is in a very difficult situation but sympathy is not a good enough reason to wait for him I'm afraid.

I never really understand why players wouldn't make an effort. I get why, if low on confidence, they play within themselves and daren't risk a difficult pass.

But the idea a professional footballer doesn't make an effort because of the manager is hard to understand for me. They only have a limited number of years in the game but they're willing to waste 1 or 2 because of the guy(s) in charge? Madness. They won't get a better offer from elsewhere and they won't be appreciated by the fans of the club they're at.

Not saying it isn't the case or that it doesn't happen, but it's bizarre if it does.

I think that a few posters should read this post and have a little bit of a think about it.

I am sick of hearing, we are :censored: and it is all Dunn's fault since he has lost the players.

My point is for 3 games on the bounce he has said certain players are hiding. If he knows who they are why is he still playing them?

I am referring to what he has at his current disposal with which hardened grafters aren't. An enthusiastic youth would embarrass some of the performances of the 'pro's recently' and I doubt fans would be so hard on them.

To an extent I agree with you about the fans would give a young player leeway. However they would be coming into a dressing room low on confidence and it wouldn't stop the fans venting their feelings towards others at the club which for young players coming into that toxic environment it will have a knock on effect on them.

This is why being a football manager is so hard the majority of this squad we have is here with us until the end of the season whether we like it or not. As a result he has to pick them up off the floor and make them play for the club. But the management and coaches can only do so much the players have to do it themselves.

Dunn along with Brown and Holden should step aside they are an embarrasment to the club, Dunn and Holden have created this unforgivable mess by failing to back there previous boss to suit there own selfish agendas, the players have seen this so are unlikely to back a pair who effectively lost a man a career before it started, Dunn can hardly have any complaints if the players play in the same manner when the going gets tough as he did under Kelly.

Dunn and Holden didn't lose Kelly his job, his own incompetence did. And Dunn was our best player under Kelly.

Dunn and Holden didn't lose Kelly his job, his own incompetence did. And Dunn was our best player under Kelly.

Wasn't Holden his assistant is he not culpable then? Ever since he has rocked up at BP wehave been on a downwards spiral.

As for Dunn being our best player his performance against Peterborough must rank alongside his one England cap, he was out played out thought and outclassed by a 4 foot midget, stop talking wet.

Edited by yarddog73

Those, like me, who are concerned about sacking another manager can cast a glance in Halifax direction. List count but 4th manager in a out 6th months, including a certain D Kelly. They've appointed a certain experience Jim Harvey and just won 4-2 and 4-1 on the bounce.

I feel an experienced manager can get a lot more out of this bunch.

That's a good point. New managers usually have a bounce effect, even if it's only short-lived. Rotherham have picked up two good wins. The difficult thing is to sustain it. However, players usually want to impress the new boss, giving you extra effort and commitment. We haven't had that. It's been painful, colourless, featureless, spineless crap.

Dunn's post match interview states that he has now asked the players if there's something wrong in training.

He clearly hasn't got them playing for him and he's clearly totally clueless. If he was an unknown Ulsterman he would be hounded out. I see no difference.

The players might feel more confident with a manager who knows what he's doing. Rosler-Halle in, NOW. If not, some similar combination.

Edited by bigfatjoe1

Funniest chant from yesterday has to be to the tune of the Carpenters - A doo ron ron.

We've got the :censored:test manager in the football league,

its you Dunn Dunn Dunn its you Dunn Dunn.

On an otherwise depressing day it made me laugh.

Edited by yarddog73

I think Dunn coming in as a player initially hasn't helped his cause this season either. He has probably come into a smaller club with a slightly over confident/arrogant attitude which rubbed off on the players initially as he was one of them...

He has then moved into a role as their leader and has moved into a position where he has 'expected' their respect before he has even earned it. His criticising of the players and their abilities after such a short time of being at the club has probably made a lot of them lose respect for him and therefore aren't necessarily interested in impressing him.

He could do with reading Fergies latest book 'Leading' it explains a lot of how to get off on the best foot in a management position and Dunn has made quite a few cock ups in such a short space of time that his only saving grace could be a refresh in the January transfer window where he will need a massive clear out and refresh....the problem is he might not have got himself that long!

True, any appointment is a gamble in a sense.

But Saunders had a track record of relegation, and well known for dull route one tactics at Wrexham, Donny and Wolves. It was a very surprising appointment to me.

I don't have much confidence in Rosler either after his recent tenures with miles more dosh than he'd have here.

I would take Dowie - a big gamble, but clearly the fans' favourite and choice for the previous two times we've been looking. Proper investment in him and a backroom team of his choosing is, for me, sadly looking like our only hope - because that move would shake off the toxic atmosphere and generate the positivity in the stands that we are going down if we can't recreate.

We might get that back if we win on Sat and get a plum third round draw, and produce cup heroics again. That would lift the players and perhaps give Dunn, with cup money, the time and money he needs in the January window.

If we lose on Sat I think we might see a change. We would need something dramatic to end the losing mentality. We are seriously at risk of thinking we have enough to just stay up and rebuild, to keep plodding along, and then dropping.

The club have to comprehend how serious this situation is.

If we plod along, like we did after LJ left, I really do fear for us.

I never find it attractive in a manager when he says it would all be OK if the players were more like him, and given he rocked up supposedly as a player woefully unfit I'm not sure he is on the moral high ground.

We've not had any chance at a fresh start since results began to turn under Johnson. Holden caretaking, Kelly with Dunn lurking in the shadows, now Dunn.

I think we need a clean break. Get a new man in, get back to basics with the players we have. We can't get a whole new squad and I've seen nothing to suggest that Dunn would be the best man to manage them if we could.

IMO if Dowie really wanted the job he'd have been back by now.

I think Dowie made more than a strong indication that he was interested in the job, earlier this year. I think his problem is the budget, which he wouldn't accept.

There are many good mangers who might welcome the chance to get a toe back in the football door. Dowie would be great, given the :censored: we're in. I think Rosler might be worth a punt. I always liked Sean O'Driscoll. Danny Wilson has a wealth of experience. Gunner Hale has had a lot of assistant manager jobs, and he'd be a good shout for another one back here.

I really think we need to bite the bullet and get rid now. Dunn has shown nothing. He's totally clueless, lacks communication skills and has been totally unable to rally the players around him. I don't see a spark, nothing. Get rid and bring in someone with a bit of experience who can at least get everyone pulling together.

Rosler out of our price range, Wilson could be a goer but I'm not sure our demanding natives would go for his pragmatic brand of football.

He shouldn't be out of our price range - he's exactly the kind of manager we should be looking to get. Someone who's been sacked from his last two jobs shouldn't be out of our reach.

If Corney think he's out of our price range, he might as well stick with Dunn, admit he's thrown the towel in and save us the pantomime of appointing someone else.