Peterborough vs Oldham

Shez made suggestions in an article in the Chron that he could change his starting XI from Gillingham to Peterborough, however I dont think he'll do that - how can you drop any of the players who have just earned us our first home win since August?

Coleman

Wilson - Dieng - Gerrard - Lafferty

Dummigan - Palmer - Kelly - Forte

Holloway - Main

Prediction: 1-1

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate playing peterborough. With the exception of the 5-4 just hate games against them. Its also very expensive to get in. So am going to work some ot in work and save my cash for scunny on sat. They have just been stuffed twice in a row and have plenty of injurys according to their journo on twitter. Could be a great time to play them. Then afin after recent results they will be looking at us as a chance to get back on track. If we can some how win tomoz and sat the mood will be fantastic and I think we will push on to a mid table finish. Would take 3 points from the 2 gamea though.

Shez made suggestions in an article in the Chron that he could change his starting XI from Gillingham to Peterborough, however I dont think he'll do that - how can you drop any of the players who have just earned us our first home win since August?

Coleman

Wilson - Dieng - Gerrard - Lafferty

Dummigan - Palmer - Kelly - Forte

Holloway - Main

Prediction: 1-1

You are on a roll but I think that Main might need a rest (from starting) and hopefully Jones would be fit to enable Forte to be pushed further up.

Mind you Jones needs to get back to last season's form asap

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Due to us playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday, over the next 2 weeks I think we will need to rotate abit, depends how fresh the players are anyone feeling it from the weekend get them rested and prepared for the next few fixtures we have other players who can come in.

After the win on Saturday what we get from this fixture is a bonus IMO, I'm not expecting too much, after this we have Scunthorpe away which I think we need to get something from, then we enter March where we have 7 fixtures 5 of which are at home and would be classed as winnable this is what I believe will make or break our season.

They score a few but also let a few in, only 6 home wins from 15 and have a style that better suits playing away.

If we can frustrate them early doors there's no reason why we can't get something from the game.

A win would be absolutely massive and give us 11 points from 15 going to Scunthorpe and that's champions form!

Before last Saturday's match, Shez said in the Chron:

“The players ... are doing everything I ask for. Some will be disappointed if they don’t play tomorrow, or if they do play and we win and I leave them out on Tuesday.

“I have to look at the teams we are playing. Gillingham is different to Wigan and Blackpool."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/96818/shez-is-going-flat-out-for-survival

Before last Saturday's match, Shez said in the Chron:

“The players ... are doing everything I ask for. Some will be disappointed if they don’t play tomorrow, or if they do play and we win and I leave them out on Tuesday.

“I have to look at the teams we are playing. Gillingham is different to Wigan and Blackpool."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/96818/shez-is-going-flat-out-for-survival

Exactly what squads should be all about and with a manager that has the ability to change things around depending on the opponents.

A bit like the 3 previous managers we had !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly what squads should be all about and with a manager that has the ability to change things around depending on the opponents.

And something that Shez didn't always do first time round perhaps showing how he has matured as a coach and learned from his experiences.

And why you need to keep even the genuinely poor members of your squad motivated, never mind 3 of your best 11. I have to say that David Dunn seems a bigger prick with every passing day.