So...Burton next week.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burton weren't :censored:, they were really, really :censored:. Latics made them look that way.

Excellent solid away performance with the best midfielder and best defender missing.

Excellent point.

Edited by L1onheartNew

Good performance and well worthy of the draw, but for all that Holloway and Main do up front we don't really look like scoring. Not confident of us staying up due to that simple fact.

Can't really fault any individual. Jones started poorly but improved as the game progressed, Holloway was a nuisance again and really his powerful running in the 5th minute should've lead to a straight red for the defender. Winchester needs to offer more of a threat but he took care of the ball very well. Kelly and Dieng broke up play very well, the Wilson twins and Dummigan were very good, THD was very good in all areas except for passing which was woeful in the 1st half. Coleman was assured and Main kept their left back occupied all game but was lucky to avoid a red for that elbow.

Burton were surprisingly bad going forward but have a very solid back 4 and keeper. We didn't offer the biggest threat they'll face but I can see how that defence has them up near the top.

Definitely a very well desreved and encouraging point. Generally we held the ball well and were first to so many 2nd balls and stopped Burton building any momentum. Jones started appallingly but to his credit improved massively, I also thought Winchester was much more involved than of late. I thought everyone put in a great shift and James Wilson was very assured again back in central defence.

My only negative observation is that Kelly cannot make any good forward passes, but with Palmer back, what Kelly does well will be a great benefit tyo the team.

Really hope we can follow this up with a win and a performance agaist Chesterfield.

Come in you Blues

A fantastic point. I thought the best we'd have got out of today was limited damage to our goal difference.

Bit harsh to complain about lack of goal scoring opportunities after a terrific result (it isn't something that's going to be solved until the summer, when Shez can make the team his own) but Jones' balls into the box were pretty bad today..

Lot of knockers about us not scoring today :deal:

For the record, Burton have conceded only 31 goals in 38 games, the best record in the League and no coincidence that puts them at Top of the League

Thought it was an all round great team effort today at the League Leaders and it's easy to pick out a few mistakes by individual players over 93 minutes.

Another clean sheet with the whole of the team defending reasonably well, with the Coleman save being the icing on the cake

Confidence increasing about staying up particularly with our 'games in hand' :OASISscarf:

I thought that our left back was the best player on the pitch

As well as he played I just thought he made a couple of wrong decisions in the 1st half, that is not knocking the lad, just that James Wilson was imperious and also he was quite vocal today, really good to see.

Either we were superb or it's an anomaly they're top of the league. How poor must League 1 be for them to be well clear of third? I'd wager they'd pick up about 8 points in the Championship...

That Holmes-Dennis needs a right foot: almost conceded twice from his his inability to kick with his weak foot. Kelly superb, as was Dieng. Should've played against 10-men after that foul on Holloway with 20 minutes gone. Excellent point, all things considered though. Need 3 on Monday to back-up the good work.

As well as he played I just thought he made a couple of wrong decisions in the 1st half, that is not knocking the lad, just that James Wilson was imperious and also he was quite vocal today, really good to see.

I thought Holmes Dennis looked really good...he has a lot of the attributes to be a very good full back. The whole team performance was something to be proud of today something that we haven't been able to say for a lot of this season...Sheridan is a breath of fresh air to the club.

Excellent point whichever way you look at it.

We didn't really look like scoring but their success this season has been built on their solid defence.

With yesterdays results going for us the point is even more important, its very much in our own hands, which it wasn't before Shez returned.

We must now beat Chesterfield on Monday and then they are right back in it with us.

Great performance and fully deserved point today

Loved the post match interviews....big credit to their captain for saying that Oldham were the reason they didn't play well rather than the usual "we had an off day"

And Dummigan was hilarious when asked what Shez had changed since he came in......"not much really"!!!!!! ....so not the change in system and the 3-4 quality players he has brought in then!!!