• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More :censored: news. Looked like he had the potential to be a keeper, and we've struggled to find decent ones over the past few years...

5 players left. This manager is gonna have to be good...

So that season ticket deal cost us Coleman, yet the budget has still gone down. Doesn't surprise me anymore.

Edited by NewBlue

So that season ticket deal cost us Coleman, yet the budget has still gone down. Doesn't surprise me anymore.

Any proof that the ST deal has cost us Coleman and that the budget has gone down, or just speculation?

We typically sell someone in the transfer window, and have done for a while except for one or two.

Edited by RobOAFC

I'm going to make the same point i do every time someone leaves. There's no point keeping someone who doesn't want to be here, especially if you can get a bit of dosh too.

I'd imagine every time you make that point you assume they don't want to be here.

You haven't got a clue whether Coleman wanted to stay and remain number 1 or not.

Undisclosed again, is there something the fans shouldn't know? My belief and trust in the current board is at an all time low.

Im going to set you a task BP1960. Look at all transfers in england in the last 5 years and come back with what percentage of those are undisclosed.

Apart from the 90/91 season we've always been a selling club and virtually every transfer for all clubs is listed as undisclosed these days. It really isn't the end of the world.

Edit to say even the summer prior to the 90/91 season we sold Denis Irwin to United for just £625K, he didn't amount to much did he!

Edited by ghostofcecere

I'd imagine every time you make that point you assume they don't want to be here.

You haven't got a clue whether Coleman wanted to stay and remain number 1 or not.

So you think he'd have chosen to remain at a club that just avoided relegation to league 2, that have no manager and no certainty he'd be number 1 next season.

Im going to set you a task BP1960. Look at all transfers in england in the last 5 years and come back with what percentage of those are undisclosed.

It's something thats crept in to keep fans in the dark about finances, what's to hide is my question?

Edited by BP1960

Clubs don't want fans knowing how much they undersold or overpaid for players. They don't want other clubs knowing how much/little they have left to spend. They don't want authorities knowing about any oddly structured deals. The possibility of anyone doing anything about it is unfortunately zero. Besides which, even if we knew, what difference would it make?

So you think he'd have chosen to remain at a club that just avoided relegation to league 2, that have no manager and no certainty he'd be number 1 next season.

Nobody *wants* to play for Latics. Be honest. Everyone wants to move upwards, and has an eye on something better.

Does that justify selling literally any player that a team comes in for?

Coleman might have been happy to leave and happy to stay at the same time. The owners probably generalise so broadly to justify us being :censored:e every year.

Clubs don't want fans knowing how much they undersold or overpaid for players. They don't want other clubs knowing how much/little they have left to spend. They don't want authorities knowing about any oddly structured deals. The possibility of anyone doing anything about it is unfortunately zero. Besides which, even if we knew, what difference would it make?

We knew the fees for players Big Joe bought and sold. I for one liked that openess.

I suspect the real reason is players are sold on the cheap and clubs dont want fans to know

Edited by BP1960

We knew the fees for players Big Joe bought and sold. I for one liked that openess.

That was 25 years ago. It's not just Latics that have changed, it's everyone. You don't have to like it (I don't either) but thanks to Sky, UEFA, FIFA and everyone else this is the world of football now.

Edited by Crusoe

That was 25 years ago. It's not just Latics that have changed, it's everyone. You don't have to like it (I don't either) but thanks to Sky, UEFA and everyone else this is the world of football now.

And the worst of all..FIFA.