• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that was the case presumably we are now selling players for inflated amounts so the owners can suck more money out?

Tell us more about the other ways they are "intensifying " the strangulation of the club.

I think its pretty transparent, surely?

Come on BP, the overwhelming majority of transfers in the Leagur are undisclosed

Frustrating but not grounds for a conspiracy theory at Latics

Come the annual balance sheet doesn't income and receipts from transfers have to be shown, or are they hidden away under miscellaneous?

Edited by BP1960

At least people are showing they care, the owner(s) are strangling the club now, they have been for years, but now they are really intensifying it..

It is starting to seem like that.

Especially odd against the backdrop of finally having the new stand & it generating a bit more money....

Worrying but I'm still hopeful of being schmoozed back towards (ultimately misplaced) positivity between now and August.....

Wouldn't surprise me if we end up cashing in on Renshaw too. A couple of Premier League teams have been sniffing around him...

As far as I know he's been offered a contract, but not actually signed it, so I assume he could leave on a free (maybe some compensation from a tribunal).

Come the annual balance sheet doesn't income and receipts from transfers have to be shown, or are they hidden away under miscellaneous?

Latics are exempt from having to file detailed accounts (too small a business).

Large clubs don't declare it individually either, in case you're wondering. Totals from player sales and player expenditure, I think, and some kind of amortisation of their value over the length of the contract.

Latics are exempt from having to file detailed accounts (too small a business).

Large clubs don't declare it individually either, in case you're wondering. Totals from player sales and player expenditure, I think, and some kind of amortisation of their value over the length of the contract.

I worked for a public company and had to account for every single penny, perhaps someone can inform me why are small businesses are exempt from transparency?

I worked for a public company and had to account for every single penny, perhaps someone can inform me why are small businesses are exempt from transparency?

It keeps costs down. They don't need an audit either. There's transparency and there's bureaucracy. Take your pick, current company law favours reducing the latter at the expense of the former.

The question in my mind isn't necessarily why are we selling everybody...it's why is everyone so keen to leave.

Even Connor :censored:ing Brown for gods sake... Yes some have been to bigger and better things but some also are to clubs we really should be able to compete with. Mainly Notts County and Fleetwood!!

I can't afford to hold on to the phone while they play Vivaldi's Four Seasons 1,000 times.

I could listen to Winter 250 times but not Spring.

Spring can go :censored: itself, especially if performed by Nigel Kennedy.

For everybody panicing remember...

Notts County apparently appointed a wonderful manager 2 weeks ago. They've not signed anybody yet :)

Probably because they were under a transfer embargo that they only came out of...yes you guessed it....today!

http://m.nottinghampost.com/Jason-Turner-confirms-Notts-County-transfer/story-29370631-detail/story.html

But don't let that stop you in ignoring the facts like you accuse so many other people of doing...

For everybody panicing remember...

Notts County apparently appointed a wonderful manager 2 weeks ago. They've not signed anybody yet :)

Already got a couple of players lined up apparently, one being Carl Dickinson (port Vale left back)

Wonder if Shez had him lined up for us?

There is no reason why any business doesnt hold it's staff accountable for every (sic) penny but the legal requirements of what information has to put out there in the public domain is nothing for a non-limited entity and purely a balance sheet with a few notes for limited Companies.

The Balance Sheet gives information regarding the current (or a 9 month old) situation as regards Assets and Liabilities and a Net Value (+ or -ve)

It gives an indication of credit-worthiness for potential suppliers. With OAFC (2004) Ltd I would request cheque with order.