People seem to get highly offended when someone know's some inside news.

The devil is in the detail. Scapegoat's account from a friend is the perfect example.

One sentence rumours which are basically teasers and give barely any information are very annoying.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll say yes to that like Brentford did with Tarky...

Might do might not Tarky was probably needed by Brentford at that time.

Besides it might all be bull anyway. It's the silly season and all kinds of rumours float about some more substantiated than others.

Gone are the days when we used to take into consideration what the manager (if we had one) might think and who they might want to keep.

Disappointing but not a suprise!

However I dont think we should be selling anyone while we have no manager.

Gone are the days when we used to take into consideration what the manager (if we had one) might think and who they might want to keep.

Disappointing but not a suprise!

However I dont think we should be selling anyone while we have no manager.

Or the sale could be funding his very small transfer budget / season ticket deficit

Chron says offer has been accepted from Huddersfield

That can't be true, don't you know he's :censored: and no championship club would be interested.

I bet Corney gets him to work a shift as a waiter in the white elephant of a new stand too so he can claim the sale is not club related and send all the money into the coffers of Brassbank.

Don't bother responding to any of these points cos I don't care and will never be seen on sheepfoot lane again.

Grrrr!

Or the sale could be funding his very small transfer budget / season ticket deficit

Could be but even out of contract we'd get money for Coleman due to his age. The manager should be the man to decide.

I know we need the money but we also need a keeper or 2.

I wonder why fees are undisclosed these days when in the olden days they weren't?

My opinion:

1. Football is a numbers game more than it ever was before. Everyone pores over every piece of data on who's spending what and how. It's "commercially sensitive" how much you spent and how much you might have left in the kitty.

Combined with:

2. The utter media saturation around football. Digital TV channels, websites, blogs, social media, etc, etc. Everyone knows, or thinks they know, everything, and is determined to make something out of it. Unhappy fans (ripped off/didn't sell for enough/overpaid), unhappy sponsors, unhappy players and agents.

It's all rubbish of course.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/46453-revealed-why-clubs-leave-transfer-fees-undisclosed

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/sep/04/undisclosed-fee-transfer-window-deadline

That can't be true, don't you know he's :censored: and no championship club would be interested.

I bet Corney gets him to work a shift as a waiter in the white elephant of a new stand too so he can claim the sale is not club related and send all the money into the coffers of Brassbank.

Don't bother responding to any of these points cos I don't care and will never be seen on sheepfoot lane again.

Grrrr!

How about Furtherwood Road? Just wondered.

My opinion:

1. Football is a numbers game more than it ever was before. Everyone pores over every piece of data on who's spending what and how. It's "commercially sensitive" how much you spent and how much you might have left in the kitty.

Combined with:

2. The utter media saturation around football. Digital TV channels, websites, blogs, social media, etc, etc. Everyone knows, or thinks they know, everything, and is determined to make something out of it. Unhappy fans (ripped off/didn't sell for enough/overpaid), unhappy sponsors, unhappy players and agents.

It's all rubbish of course.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/46453-revealed-why-clubs-leave-transfer-fees-undisclosed

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/sep/04/undisclosed-fee-transfer-window-deadline

I blame Manuel, he started it with 'I know nothing'.

So for clarity we have;

No Manager

No goalkeeper

No goalkeeping coach (not needed due to above)

5 senior pros signed for next season.......3 of which couldn't get in the starting line up last season in a team that finished 17th

An invisible owner

An incompetent Board

We'll be fine

So for clarity we have;

No Manager

No goalkeeper

5 senior pros signed for next season.......3 of which couldn't get in the starting line up last season in a team that finished 17th

An invisible owner

An incompetent Board

We'll be fine

Sounds like typical early June to me. 17th it is then.

So for clarity we have;

No Manager

No goalkeeper

An invisible owner

An incompetent Board

We'll be fine

2 months........

DATM site suggests a fee of around £100k has been agreed, however if it goes through it will almost certainly be undisclosed.

Swindon on the other hand don't seem to bother about disclosing fees as they have rejected a bid of £500k from a championship club for Nicky Ajose, another player according to those ITK we could have had for next to nothing a while ago.

DATM site suggests a fee of around £100k has been agreed, however if it goes through it will almost certainly be undisclosed.

Swindon on the other hand don't seem to bother about disclosing fees as they have rejected a bid of £500k from a championship club for Nicky Ajose, another player according to those ITK we could have had for next to nothing a while ago.

While I think Coleman should cost more than £100k (hopefully after add on's he will), I'd say that Ajose probably is worth 4 or 5 times Coleman's value. Coleman is a relatively unproven but decent prospect, Ajose was 2nd top scorer in the league in a fairly poor team and he is very pacy.

That said, we do seem to accept lower transfer fees in general.

Depends if they disclose any final fee agreed. At the moment it is a good negotiating tactic for any other interested parties - want him? £500k is not enough.