• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because they were under a transfer embargo that they only came out of...yes you guessed it....today! http://m.nottinghampost.com/Jason-Turner-confirms-Notts-County-transfer/story-29370631-detail/story.html

But don't let that stop you in ignoring the facts like you accuse so many other people of doing...

I was well aware! I was being facetious...not a coincidence I posted on the day it was lifted. Thems the facts :)

But don't let that stop feel like you got one up on me there.

Yay you!

Edited by palmer1

So by the same token the Football League know the amounts of undisclosed transfers?

Yes.

And the complexities of signing on fees, paying up an old contract, appearance fees, appearance trigger clauses, sell on clauses, international call up clauses, promotion clauses, instalment due dates etc.

The days of one club paying another club a wedge of cash and that being that are, in the main, long gone.

Probably because they were under a transfer embargo that they only came out of...yes you guessed it....today!

http://m.nottinghampost.com/Jason-Turner-confirms-Notts-County-transfer/story-29370631-detail/story.html

But don't let that stop you in ignoring the facts like you accuse so many other people of doing...

Well, at least he won't come raiding us will he? There's no one left.

If he's not under contract there's no transfer fee.

I'm a bit confused as to whether EPPP or non-EPPP compensation rules would apply.

If it's EPPP the selling club receives an amount reflecting the number of years he was trained by the club, the age groups they were in, and the rating of their academy. For ages 9-11 it's £3,000 per year, for ages 12-16 it's £12,500/25,000/40,000 depending on the academy. On top of that is a contingent fee reflecting any first team appearances. There's also something about transfers to other national associations which I didn't even bother to try to understand.

If this applies, I believe we have a Category 3 academy as of 2014 and Renshaw joined when he was 11. If the rating also applied in previous years that would make it roughly £65,500 (might be lower depending on exactly when he joined).

If he's signed the contract then we can demand a fee, but I doubt any club will pay vastly more than the EPPP fee because no tribunal is going to value Renshaw as much higher.

• 2 weeks later...