• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1/2 a season ago he was cited as one of the reasons we were going down and should have been replaced.

Therefore 1/2 a season of good form is never going to raise huge cash.

£100k plus sell-on is reasonable. A player I would have liked to keep but can pick up another keeper for free who can do a job and that money might be useful.

Bentley's played five times as many league games, helped earn a cup semi-final place with his penalty saves, managed 19 clean sheets in one season, then 12 in a row the next season, won all of the available player of the year awards in one season, been part of a promotion winning side... to say he's further ahead in development is an understatement. Coleman has had one very good half season by comparison.

As good as I personally think Coleman is, people were basically saying they'd drive him anywhere at the start of the season. Now they're complaining about how little he's going for. Sums up some fans

If you are one of the doom merchants worried about the finances then this will do nothing to put you off the scent.

100k for a very promising young keeper doesn't look a good deal to these eyes.

If you are one of the doom merchants worried about the finances then this will do nothing to put you off the scent.

100k for a very promising young keeper doesn't look a good deal to these eyes.

I'd take that 100k quoted with a shovel load of salt. Is that a low figure for him if correct? Maybe depending on add ons. Although he would be out of contract next season

Bentley's played five times as many league games, helped earn a cup semi-final place with his penalty saves, managed 19 clean sheets in one season, then 12 in a row the next season, won all of the available player of the year awards in one season, been part of a promotion winning side... to say he's further ahead in development is an understatement. Coleman has had one very good half season by comparison.

Most of it in the division below the one Coleman has begun at, in a far poorer team. Not to say there's that much of a difference, but he's also a couple of years younger.

Southend rejected a £1m bid for their young number 1. You could get ours for a tenth of the price. If the club are so confident Coleman is going to become something special maybe they should stand firm and let him accrue value here

Never gonna happen, like...

I don't think Coleman is worth anything close to what Bentley is, and he may be playing at a lower level but in terms of league places there's not much between us and them. That said I agree entirely with you that he'd be better off staying, proving he can do it at this level, earning himself a bigger move and us a bigger fee in the process. Everyone wins then.

As good as I personally think Coleman is, people were basically saying they'd drive him anywhere at the start of the season. Now they're complaining about how little he's going for. Sums up some fans

Is there one person you can name who has been that fickle?

Some people blamed him for errors earlier in the season (rightly so) but most people saw that he was young and could probably learn, he had a good 2nd half of the season but is still far from the finish article. Very few people said he should leave earlier in the season and not many are saying £100k is peanuts, definitely not the same people.

Most of it in the division below the one Coleman has begun at, in a far poorer team. Not to say there's that much of a difference, but he's also a couple of years younger.

Southend rejected a £1m bid for their young number 1. You could get ours for a tenth of the price. If the club are so confident Coleman is going to become something special maybe they should stand firm and let him accrue value here

Never gonna happen, like...

He's only got a year left on his contract though........

Doesn't it also reflect the fact his form was :censored: at the start of the season and much improved in the second half of the season?

Doesn't it also reflect the fact his form was :censored: at the start of the season and much improved in the second half of the season?

BUT WE'RE ONLY ALLOWED ONE OPINION A SEASON

Edited by Crusoe

Seems strange we are interviewing this week for a new manager yet every saleable asset has gone barring Kelly, even by our standards it's a strange way if doing business. Brown's the latest one moved out so whose sanctioning all this activity?

Seems strange we are interviewing this week for a new manager yet every saleable asset has gone barring Kelly, even by our standards it's a strange way if doing business. Brown's the latest one moved out so whose sanctioning all this activity?

Come on. You know the answer to that already. As if any manager at BP has ever had the genuine final say on signings or sales.

Him going would save his wage, now I know that's only probably £400 a week but nonetheless it's gonna leave us with one starter for the new man to work with, you can't just bring 20 players in overnight as well as get a squad together for the start of the season, Blackpool are proof of that.

Him going would save his wage, now I know that's only probably £400 a week but nonetheless it's gonna leave us with one starter for the new man to work with, you can't just bring 20 players in overnight as well as get a squad together for the start of the season, Blackpool are proof of that.

I'm starting to get a bit edgy now I must say.